Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2010, 02:48 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Introduce yourself!

Aloha!

I'm Jake, a moderator as well as happy resident of Hawaii! I'm a United States Marine stationed here on Oahu with my wife and 2 kids.

Live in Hawaii? Just thinking of coming to visit?

This forum is a community of knowledge dedicated to bringing local people together, as well as answering any and all questions anyone may have about visiting our great islands!

Please introduce yourself here, and tell us a bit about yourself!

Mahalo (thank you in Hawaiian) and welcome to the forums!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 08-31-2010, 03:04 PM  

Hi Jake, I'm headed over for a wedding on October 15th, and for the first time, I will be staying in Waikiki at the "New Otahni Hotel." I hear it is OK, but the rooms are extremely small, which has me worried. Have you heard anything good or bad about it? It is suppose to be located closest to Diamond Head, adjacent to the pot smoking park.

Most of my family live on the North Shore, so we usually stay at Turtle Bay, but since the family will all be attending the wedding, we booked half of the hotel.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:13 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I've heard very good things about it, actually. I know a lot of military members go over there when they want a weekend off. However, you're right, I've heard that the rooms are a bit small.

On Oahu, the most densely populated island of the Hawaiian islands, a lot of things are more congested than, say, on mainland. Especially in those downtown areas, a lot of things are somewhat space-constrained.

I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun, though - Oahu always is! I'm in the central part, around Schofield/Wahaiwa - let me know when you're coming through.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:16 PM  

My nephew lives in Wahaiwa...Great place with actual fast food, unlike the north Shore!
Old 08-31-2010, 03:19 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Hah yes they do --

Back to subject - everyone introduce yourself!

If you've got a question, please feel to post a thread!

Old 09-20-2010, 04:42 PM  

Seattle, Washington
My name is John. Though Hawaii isn't my home state, I've worked there and fell in love with it. My work was in Kailua, Oahu on a beautiful, waterfront home on Kaleheo My girlfriend of many years was born, raised & raised her own family there, though we didn't meet in Hawaii.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:47 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to the Hawaii, John!

I'm over on Oahu myself - work brought me here myself, and I enjoy it a lot. I'm in the central part of the island in Wahiawa, so no waterfront for me, but a quick drive to pretty much the beach of my choice!

Old 09-20-2010, 04:54 PM  

Seattle, Washington
Thank you. I truly miss that wonderful place...

Must admit though, "Island Fever" is a real thing! Loved each and every minute I've spent over there, the good and the bad. I say that because there's a dark side to Hawaii, too, and if we act like a howlie(sp) the dark side is likely to come to us. Nonetheless, I love and respect the area and the peoples...

I spent most of my time around Kailua and Kaneohe, around the Hawaii Kai area, and of course Honolulu. The North Shore holds a place in my memory banks & heart as well. As does the Big Isle. Wonderful place. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:00 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeah there's definitely island fever - I think I felt it after being here a few weeks! I'm a traveling type of guy, and around here road-trips are pretty limited haha. You just have to make the best of your time here. I mean, who can complain really about living on Oahu? Not this guy, that's for sure!

Old 09-20-2010, 06:18 PM  

Riverside, CA
Hi I am Dave, and I am a forumaholic. I grew up in Riverside, CA which is also where I currently reside.

I enjoy offroading, hunting, fishing, shooting, backpacking and well, pretty much anything outdoors.

I have a wife, a daughter, a dog, and two Jeeps. I work at a financial institution as a regional supervisor. I have worked here for 4 years, and I am still unsure of what it is I want to do with my life.

I really enjoy cooking. Alton Brown is my hero. I love guns and knives, but I will avoid confrontation most of the time. I spend a lot of time on Jeepforum and Cityprofile.com.

Me in a nutshell.

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Bookmark this Page!