Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2010, 06:39 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome, Dave! I hope you do decide to come to visit Hawaii someday soon - you definitely won't regret it!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-28-2010, 01:00 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii

EH! HOWZIT! I live right smak in the middle of Honolulu... in the McCully/Pawaa District.
Went to Lunalilo Elementary School, Washington Intermediate, then McKinley High.

Anyone went to these schools too?
Introduce yourself!-hawaii-map.gif 

Introduce yourself!-img_5519.jpg 

Introduce yourself!-img_5458.jpg 

Old 10-28-2010, 03:23 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
What's up 808?! I'm not in Honolulu, but I'm over in Wahiawa - small world!

Check out our Hawaii thread - there's a few locals on there, too

Old 10-28-2010, 03:28 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
What's up 808?! I'm not in Honolulu, but I'm over in Wahiawa - small world!

Check out our Hawaii thread - there's a few locals on there, too
Sure will... and that is not the "shaka" hand sign on your profile pic, is it? IF it is, only the thumb and the "baby finger" is extended out from a clenched fist...

This is going to be a FUN forum!

I will include more pics soon!
Old 10-28-2010, 03:30 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Haha no my friend, I'm very familiar with the shaka and that's definitely not it!

Old 10-28-2010, 03:44 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedOleMan View Post
Thank you. I truly miss that wonderful place...

Must admit though, "Island Fever" is a real thing! Loved each and every minute I've spent over there, the good and the bad. I say that because there's a dark side to Hawaii, too, and if we act like a howlie(sp) the dark side is likely to come to us. Nonetheless, I love and respect the area and the peoples...

I spent most of my time around Kailua and Kaneohe, around the Hawaii Kai area, and of course Honolulu. The North Shore holds a place in my memory banks & heart as well. As does the Big Isle. Wonderful place. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Hey there! Yeah, sorry for the "dark-side" you mentioned. It IS true, especially on the west side of Oahu, even in Waikiki.

"Haole" (ha OH' le") actually means "no breath" in the Hawaiian language. Because in ancient Hawaii, the Native Hawaiian People would greet each other by breathing to each other's face as a gesture of simply saying hello.
When Captain Cooke came to the Hawaiian Islands, the Hawaiian People looked upon these fair-skin people, and was appalled that they didn't greet anyone with the breath to each other, thus they were called "haole". "No breath people". But now, it is a term used for "white skin people". As our African American friends are called "popolo" (poh-POH' lo) which simply is a term for "black berry".

Unfortunitely, hatred is everywhere. Even ther recent episode of "Hawaii Five-O" had the issue with "haole", it is because the Hawaiian people felt betraded that their Monarchy was taken over by America, and then Hawaii became the 50th State..... THAT issue became passed on from generation-to-generation.

Oh, the people of "The Big Island", I admit, are more friendly than us Oahuans.....

WOT?! You buggahs (people living on Oahu) no agree?!

Anyway, you can drive for miles on "Da BEEG Eyelan", and when a car approaches you, you wave to each other, or give the "shaka sign". On Oahu, you give each other "the bird".....
Old 11-18-2010, 10:10 PM  

Waianae, HI
Hi all. I am Jamie and I am in the Army. I have a wife and a one year-old daughter. I am home brewer. I live in Waianae, and am stationed at Schofield. I have been here almost three years.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:28 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Hey Jamie! I'm a marine who lives over on Wheeler, and I work down at Kunia. Small world!

Welcome to the forum, and to the Hawaii sub-forum as well!

Old 11-20-2010, 10:42 PM  

Portland, Oregon
hi everyone..

Im an Oahu native (HI-transplant), now living in Portland OR.

this looks like a fun forum .
Old 12-07-2010, 03:04 PM  

Keene, New Hampshire
Hi! I'm Mike and I don't live on an Island. I was born and raised in So CA and now live in New Hampshire. I attend a conference every other year. and it rotates to different Island each year. Usually Maui then Kauai, then the Big Island and we take the occasional vacation there as well. I am into Scuba, Snow skiing, Brewing, and riding my R1150GS motorcycle. My daughter is at UMass studying resort management and has an eye on your Islands and since she is one of my very best friends my wife and I will visit.
Your Islands are my favorite places Tropical with out the slums.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Bookmark this Page!