Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2010, 03:53 PM  

USS Arizona Memorial

I've seen some pics, it look amazing, has anyone here been to it. Was it busy? What time did you go?

Old 11-23-2010, 05:55 PM  

Sammamish, WA
We were there on December 6th, the day before the anniversary, and while it was crowded it was worth every minute waiting. We got there early to get in line for the first tour of the day, probably 7am. I don't think I could go to Hawaii
for a vacation without going back there, it really makes you think.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:37 AM  

I went on the tour last December. It's definitely worth a trip if you have not been there before.

If you are not going with a tour group, then you should most definitely get there early; preferably around 7:00 - 7:30 AM. The tour busses start arriving at 8 AM after which is can be very difficult to get on a tour. At best, you may be waiting around there all day.

Just to put it in perspective, I got there a little before 8:00 on a weekday and was able to get on a tour at 9:30 ish. I walked by the ticket window on my way to the tour at 9:15 ish and saw a sign stating that the next available tour was in the afternoon (2:00 ish?).
Old 11-25-2010, 02:40 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
My wife and I actually try to go at least once a month to pay our respects (we live out here), and it's definitely beautiful. I agree with what prodigal says - when in doubt, get there really early.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-25-2010, 06:10 AM  

Greenfield, Indiana
Jake are you going to the Service and the opening ceremonies on the 7th this year?
Old 11-25-2010, 02:49 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm not sure - I work in intel and ever since the whole Korea thing a few days ago, I've been on 12 hours on 12 hours off, so not a lot of word has been passed to me as of late. Why do you ask?

Old 11-26-2010, 05:19 AM  

Greenfield, Indiana
Just checking, my wife and I will be there! My Dad was a Pearl Harbor Survivor and he past away 2 months ago so we are going in his Honor!
Old 11-26-2010, 02:08 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Well much respect to him then. I'm not sure if I'll be going, but if I do get some word about it I'll let ya know and maybe I can buy you guys lunch.

You guys making any kind of mini-vacation out of it, or just in and out?

Old 11-26-2010, 03:33 PM  

Waco, Texas
I was stationed there when I was in the Navy, be sure and try to see it all including the Sub base , piers where the Destroyer's tie up. I had the privilge of diving on the Arizona it's well worth the visit.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:49 AM  

Greenfield, Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Well much respect to him then. I'm not sure if I'll be going, but if I do get some word about it I'll let ya know and maybe I can buy you guys lunch.

You guys making any kind of mini-vacation out of it, or just in and out?
we will be there the 4th thru the 11th, have a house in Kailua we are staying in!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Bookmark this Page!