Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2011, 05:31 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Another health myth?

"According to a study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition by lipid scientist Ronald Krauss, M.D., and his colleagues, "there is insufficient evidence from prospective epidemiologic studies to conclude that dietary saturated fat is associated with an increased risk of CHD [coronary heart disease], stroke, or CVD [cardiovascular disease]." No one has ever proved a link between saturated fat and clogged arteries,As a result, the case against saturated fats has largely crumbled. Yes, consumption of saturated fat does raise LDL?but mainly the benign forms. The supposed role of these fats in heart disease has been debunked."

Old 10-04-2011, 06:21 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
"According to a study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition by lipid scientist Ronald Krauss, M.D., and his colleagues

thanks Sam but his opinion needs far more corroboration before I could accept it. My existence today wasn't scientific. I simply watched heart disease kill my parents and stopped eating that diet.
Things like tender (fatty) cuts of meat, eggs, milk and while we ate little fried food I eat none.
Something I heard just this week is upsetting. They said even very mild hypertension can lead to dementia. Something like 110 over 80 is the goal but 5 points added to either number constitutes mild hypertension.

If you have links to Krauss's conclusions it would be appreciated.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:57 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
thanks Sam but his opinion needs far more corroboration before I could accept it. My existence today wasn't scientific. I simply watched heart disease kill my parents and stopped eating that diet.
Things like tender (fatty) cuts of meat, eggs, milk and while we ate little fried food I eat none.
Something I heard just this week is upsetting. They said even very mild hypertension can lead to dementia. Something like 110 over 80 is the goal but 5 points added to either number constitutes mild hypertension.

If you have links to Krauss's conclusions it would be appreciated.
Have had stage 3 or maliginant hypertension for over 15 years now. B.P. meds keep me at best @ 140/110. No wonder the last couple of years I've forgotten alot and I can't remember sh!t.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:47 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR

Quote:
No wonder the last couple of years I've forgotten alot and I can't remember sh!t.
That's simple "CRS", not dementia. (think joining certain Tea festivities is required for that).

It's nice being 66 with so many of my elders here.

But we should seriously try to use our experiences and coping measures together on the chance we might share some skills with our fellow forgetables.

I bought a Radio Shack timer to remind me when to stir a pot or flip a burger. Post-its help and so do properly located reminder signs.
There are several apps for the computer that can be programmed to appear at the time you wish to get a reminder. "Cute Reminder" can do ideas, notes and reminders.

I need more tools to cope and bought a watch with an alarm function but I forget how to set the alarm.

You guys have any tricks?
Old 10-07-2011, 08:01 PM  
fustrated genius

Now hold on thar, bob-a-louie. I suffer from CRS. I love getting about half way through a song on the guitar and POOF!! nuttin . . . . start over.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.