Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-06-2010, 04:49 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
I don't see that?

FASTSTATS - Leading Causes of Death

Quote:
Heart disease: 616,067
Cancer: 562,875
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 135,952
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 127,924
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 123,706
Alzheimer's disease: 74,632
Diabetes: 71,382
Influenza and Pneumonia: 52,717
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 46,448
Septicemia: 34,828

Old 12-15-2010, 02:36 AM  

la, CA
Chiropractic care in general is safe when employed skillfully and appropriately. Manipulation is regarded as relatively safe,The main chiropractic treatment technique involves manual therapy, including manipulation of the spine, other joints, and soft tissues; treatment also includes exercises and health and lifestyle counseling.

if you encounter any problems with these poses, you should consult an expert.

Chiropractor Lawrenceville GA

Old 01-13-2011, 06:17 AM  

I think it is like any health profession. You could look at how many cases where Doctors have mis-prescribed, or surgeons made an error. The number of cases where there is a bad experience is extremely low and no higher than those of other professions. There is always the human factor to consider. Myself, I had chronic back pain for years, have gone to my family doctor on many occasions, he prescribed me anti inflammatory, muscle relaxers, and exercise. I also went to physical therapy and after year of this type of treatment with no success I went to a Chiropractor. My Chiropractor did a quick assessment and knew more about my condition than my Doctor after many visits. I went through a series of adjustments and not 2 years later I'm still feeling great. Hitting the gym, do physical activities I could never do.

Will it be that way for everyone, I doubt it. But it doesn't mean it won't be either.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:41 AM  

I think having some good thing about going to a Chiropractor can be a factor here. In this one, there are some good places like San Clemente Chiropractor in Cal and others that can be good for all of us. Why not try it to do it and understand what to do for your needs.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:10 PM  

It works for certain conditions. Muscle skeletal systems. My experience is that a chiropractic adjustment without physical therapy or massage to relax the related muscles is ineffective.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:30 AM  

It depends on the Dr.
I hurt my back some years ago. I was in agony starting the next day. could not sit , or walk without pain.I was laying on my stomach to take the pressure off my disc,s. My regular MD prescribed neproxin 600mg for the pain , but could do nothing else. I was sent to a neuro surgeon, he examined me and said just rest and more pain killers, he cant do anything else he said surgery was not the answer, and it would not really help.
I went to a chiropractor for 2 weeks. Other than the heat and cracking nothing much was done to relive the pain .I went to a different Chiropractor , he took x rays and said that I have a pinched nerve in my lower lumbar section. He told me that he can fix it.
I received the heat and massage right there and then , then he placed me in a decompression table for 20 min , then on a inversion table , where he took a hold of my head and did a quick pull on my spine (painless,only to be done by a professional)
I walked out of there without pain, and no more pain meds. I was back to work in 2 days. I followed up with treatments for 2 weeks , then ocassionally.
After a while I bought an inversion table and used it myself to decompress my spine when it acted up from sitting to long or lifting a wrong way. Its wonderful. So bottom line the DR does matter. Inquire about the thearapy he /she uses.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:19 AM  

I agree with Nolan. There may be a lot of quaks out there, but after getting MRI,s Dr visits , neurosurgeon visits who can only prescribed dangerous painkillers for an ongoing excrusiating pain, it was a chiropractor who after looking at my x rays ,told me" I can fix it". And he did , I walked out of there without any pain and throw away the drugs!
It was a pinched nerve in the lower lumber area.
So please dont diss them . :-)
Old 06-12-2011, 10:03 PM  

Shuswap, BC
A few times my back has been really bad, I have gone to a chiropractor. She is great and helped me out immensely.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:59 PM  

Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You have to look at other statistics and do some adding. But, looking at the charts you posted the current THIRD leading cause of death is Stroke with 135,952. According to the Office of the Inspector General (opens PDF) of just Medicare patients it is estimated that hospitals contributed to the preventable death of about 15,000 patients a month. That's 180,000 patient deaths per year which would place it third if included in the list you provided.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:08 PM  

Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydude View Post
It works for certain conditions. Muscle skeletal systems. My experience is that a chiropractic adjustment without physical therapy or massage to relax the related muscles is ineffective.
I actually disagree with this, at least on the massage part and i'm sure it's a debatable topic. However, it's been observed that adjustments following or preceding massage loosens the muscles to the point where their ability to hold the adjustment in place is weakened. It's advised that massage not be incorporated at the same time as Chiropractic care, but if the patient insists then a MINIMUM of 24 hours between massage and Chiropractic adjustments be used.

The muscles are tense like that in the region of a subluxation or injury for protection from further injury. Holding the skeletal structures in place to prevent mobility. This is needed to hold the adjustments, otherwise massage would just undo all of the chiropractor's work.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.