Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-13-2011, 07:29 PM  

Houston, Texas
ecigarettes

It's time to give up cigarettes. I've smoked for 40+ years. I'm tired of it. I bought an electronic cigarette, sucking on one right now, but it's very difficult to transition. I drink a lot of coffee and that's the most difficult thing. I really enjoy a cigarette with a cup of coffee. I haven't bought a pack in 5 days but I do still "bum" them. Well, I guess it's going to be a process to transition completely, not an event.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:37 PM  

I threw out my cigarettes the day my first grandson was born. It was at this time I decided I wanted to be around and grow old with this great kid. Best thing I have ever done!

Old 11-14-2011, 08:52 AM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
It's time to give up cigarettes. I've smoked for 40+ years. I'm tired of it. I bought an electronic cigarette, sucking on one right now, but it's very difficult to transition. I drink a lot of coffee and that's the most difficult thing. I really enjoy a cigarette with a cup of coffee. I haven't bought a pack in 5 days but I do still "bum" them. Well, I guess it's going to be a process to transition completely, not an event.
A friend of mine quit smoking using one of those things. He also quit going into smoking bars and avoided caffine. But that was just him. He too had been smoking for over 40+ years and was motivated by not being able to hike around in the hills while going fishing with his grand kids. The shortness of breath thing.

My dumb arse, that started smoking at 30 Y.O., just quit about 6 months ago. Cold turkey. Just recently have been able to go into a bar where they allow smoking and not feel the urge to smoke.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:33 AM  

Houston, Texas
In Houston, and I think in Texas, smoking in any business is verboten. that includes (especially) bars and restaurants. Having a smoke with a cup of coffee is a big deal from me and I ain't giving up coffee.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:02 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I've moved onto these in an attempt to supplement my cigs.

It's working, haven't had a real one in a couple of days.

It works well with my coffee, I just have to start puffing before I stat drinking my coffee. It's also difficult to tell when I've had enough.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:12 PM  

Houston, Texas
I've found that going cold turkey on these is next to impossible for me. However, I am able to taper off. I average about 3 real cigs a day and the rest of the time I have a battery shoved in my mouth. The worst time is at the coffee shop or someplace else, and I'm around others that are smoking. Other than that I'll wear out a battery or two by the end of the day. Still, 3 cigs a day is better than 1 pack a day.

<What I felt like trying to go cold turkey.

<What I feel like on ecigs.

It's progress.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:32 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I can do cold turkey, I just don't want to.

I usually start back up around the holidays. When it starts warming up I'll quit again.

I don't know why I do it but I usually do.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:39 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I can do cold turkey, I just don't want to.
That's a cop out, my friend. Just put down those sticks and walk away. You will thank me for this in later years.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:08 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
That's a cop out, my friend. Just put down those sticks and walk away. You will thank me for this in later years.
It is and it isn't. I enjoy smoking and always have. If it's to cold I don't smoke, if it's inconvenient, I don't smoke, if there's any reason not to (aside from health) I don't smoke.

I am going to stop again, just after the holidays when I'm no longer bummed out.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.