Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-08-2010, 03:43 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
High Fructose Corn Syrup and Cancer

I've been skeptical of HFCS and it's relation to health compared to cane sugar.

I saw this report awhile back, pretty much stating from current research being done that it directly feeds cancer:

Cancer cells feed on fructose, study finds - Health - Cancer - msnbc.com

Old 09-13-2010, 01:43 PM  

Reno, Nevada
My friends tease me because I am so ANTI HFCS I hate it, when I grocery shop that is the first thing I look for in the ingredients! That stuff is NOT good for you!

Old 09-13-2010, 03:46 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I don't think it's good for you either. It's good to see test coming out that correlate that.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:50 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
They are trying to re-brand as "corn syrup"

HFCS Rebranding As "Corn Sugar" - The Consumerist

I hate hfcs from everything I read about it, and try somewhat to avoid it, but I worry that my body has become accustomed to it: such as Eggo syrup over real syrup.... plus it's incredibly hard to avoid while eating out.

I wouldn't be upset at all if it was banned though, we really need to get rid of the chemicals used in everything that's not really necessary
Old 09-14-2010, 11:04 AM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
While it is not good, it is still not as bad as aspertame and the things in Sweet-n-Low, Equal, or Splenda. Those are horrible for you.

Remember real sugar is always better than fake. Always take the calories over the chemicals. You are most often unaware of what they turn into over time in your body!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:18 AM  

Riverside, CA
Wait a minute, where does this leave pure honey?

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Old 09-14-2010, 11:52 AM  

Reno, Nevada
It is in so much food, I try to stay as non-processed as possible. My friends are amazed cuz I make pancakes from scratch lol
Old 09-14-2010, 03:45 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
They are trying to re-brand as "corn syrup"

HFCS Rebranding As "Corn Sugar" - The Consumerist

I hate hfcs from everything I read about it, and try somewhat to avoid it, but I worry that my body has become accustomed to it: such as Eggo syrup over real syrup.... plus it's incredibly hard to avoid while eating out.

I wouldn't be upset at all if it was banned though, we really need to get rid of the chemicals used in everything that's not really necessary
I would be upset if they banned it. People need to be able to make their own decisions, and not have the man do it for them.
That and I mean come on, it's not the healthy prime examples of our species eating it, it's over weight dudes, like myself, who are addicted to it, and we aren't really benefiting anyone if we get rid of it, I'm just going to get upset, then people are gonna be all like "Man is that fat Dude getting upset over this?" at which point I'm going to get upset and flip into my "fat" rage (my brother named it that) and that's not good for people withholding my HFCS.

I need to lose some weight.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:34 PM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
Wait a minute, where does this leave pure honey?
honey is fine, it is a natural product from bee's. It is more or less the processed sugars that are bad for you. It is all odd, I dunno I had to learn about it in my poisoning of the planet and other bio classes and the things the processed and man made stuff does after a while is just nasty. You preserve your own body and fat cells.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:19 PM  

I would stay away from HFCS all together, Have not come across anything positive about it, ever.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!

« RAW Diet | Flu Vax »

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.