Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2010, 02:20 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicase50 View Post
honey is fine, it is a natural product from bee's. It is more or less the processed sugars that are bad for you. It is all odd, I dunno I had to learn about it in my poisoning of the planet and other bio classes and the things the processed and man made stuff does after a while is just nasty. You preserve your own body and fat cells.

Honey also has antioxidants

Old 11-23-2010, 02:49 PM  

Seattle, WA
There's a few things to consider. First any fake or chemically treated or altered "sugar" such as HFCS is definitely going to be worse than regular sugar. But that doesn't mean regular sugar is better, you've got to consider that sugar makes the pancreas work overtime as well as creating glycation in the body which is also not good.

And yeah of all the sugars out there I definitely would choose honey but if I wanted to go the absolute low glycemic route I'd choose Stevia.

I stay away from: HFCS, Sucralose, Aspartame, Splenda or any other unnatural substance.

Also food for thought. People began to find out how bad MSG was for them (not the naturally occurring kind found in animal tissues but the kind that has been extracted and processed and hence made unsafe) that they then renamed MSG, hiding it in other "ingredients" including "natural ingredients", "natural flavor" and even "spices".

As mentioned in this thread, they are about to rename HFCS since it's been exposed for what it is.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:38 AM  

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
If anyone's interested, the documentary "King Corn" is a good expose into the bizarre practices of the corn industry, the subsidizing of the corn farmers and why corn is the most prevalent ingredient in all of our food. The writers of the film at one point actually decide to try making HFCS in their kitchen. The process definitely made me never want to go near that stuff again.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:12 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Yea people are surprised when you tell them HFCS isn't organic, it's actually a complexed chemical process to net the product.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:33 AM  
mbj
I is the laws

Martinsburg, West Virginia
HFCS is the debil!

In all seriousness, I avoid it as much as possible. That crap is in everything. I mean really bread? why in bread?
Old 11-29-2010, 03:43 PM  
Looks at dirty Jeep pics

Tucson, Arizona
Seems products with HFCS have more calories than the same products with sugar. Hmmm...

(Pepsi/Mt. Dew Throwback anyone?)
Old 12-10-2010, 02:43 PM  

Davenport, Iowa
I used to try to respond in kind for these types of posts, but it is an uphill battle. Once the craze over HFCS is over, there will be another scapegoat, then another, then another.

HFCS is sugar derived from corn. That's it. If you eat too much of it, you will be fat, and probably unhealthy. Much like SUGAR.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:25 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I would be upset if they banned it. People need to be able to make their own decisions, and not have the man do it for them.
That and I mean come on, it's not the healthy prime examples of our species eating it, it's over weight dudes, like myself, who are addicted to it, and we aren't really benefiting anyone if we get rid of it, I'm just going to get upset, then people are gonna be all like "Man is that fat Dude getting upset over this?" at which point I'm going to get upset and flip into my "fat" rage (my brother named it that) and that's not good for people withholding my HFCS.

I need to lose some weight.
i lol'd for several seconds over this post

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!

« RAW Diet | Flu Vax »