Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-01-2011, 02:25 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
At various times a humidier, neti pot, Sudafed, guafenesin, benadryl & Cetrizine HCL.

Doc explained allergies were several layers and the response was also layered. I add from my end and also try to minimize the degree of exposure. AC filters get frequent cleaning.

I use a mattress cover and hypo-allergenic pillows too. A breeze from the North brings the most pollen so I shut windows when I notice that. It's mostly being aware of what factors are in flux at the time.

Dry air immediately following rain or high humidity is never good.
Have you tried Bee Pollen or Coenzyme Q10. You can get the bee pollen from a Bee keepers supply and the Coenzyme Q10 from a health food store. Both promote increased performance of the immune system and the bee pollen in time helps with most allergies.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:16 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
At various times a humidier, neti pot, Sudafed, guafenesin, benadryl & Cetrizine HCL.

Doc explained allergies were several layers and the response was also layered. I add from my end and also try to minimize the degree of exposure. AC filters get frequent cleaning.

I use a mattress cover and hypo-allergenic pillows too. A breeze from the North brings the most pollen so I shut windows when I notice that. It's mostly being aware of what factors are in flux at the time.

Dry air immediately following rain or high humidity is never good.
I have a problem with rain, if it rains my head hurts.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:32 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Have you tried Bee Pollen or Coenzyme Q10. You can get the bee pollen from a Bee keepers supply and the Coenzyme Q10 from a health food store. Both promote increased performance of the immune system and the bee pollen in time helps with most allergies.
CQ 10 is good stuff but anti-oxidants do little or nothing for me with allergies. Thanks for the bee pollen reminder. I'd intended hunting up some produced by the same bees servicing the hops crop. I might be able to locate some at a roadside fruit stand North of here.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:40 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I have a problem with rain, if it rains my head hurts.
I'm barometrically reactive myself the last few years. when hot & dry switch to cool and damp overnight my head & chest congest. I just take decongestants after the fact but in your case try watching for barometer changes in advance and try both head (Sudafed) and whole body (Claritin) prophylacticly just before the weather change begins.

Exhaust all reasonable medication options first. If it persists and meds don't help you may have a structural issue like polyps but I think it's just sinus troubles. I use a small humidifier in my bedroom when it's dry. Try one and I think you'll be pleased. Best source is your friendly thrift stores.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:17 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I'm kind of at the end of the medicine chain, I've tried most of the over counter and a lot of the prescribed.

I have the lamest super power ever, The Human Barometer.

Do you need to know if it's raining? To lazy to look out a window? Send me message.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:56 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I'm kind of at the end of the medicine chain, I've tried most of the over counter and a lot of the prescribed.

I have the lamest super power ever, The Human Barometer.

Do you need to know if it's raining? To lazy to look out a window? Send me message.
Austin, soon you'll have arthritic weather sense too so try to enjoy (or manage) it now. You will do much better at it than I do. I'm the absent minded professor type unlikely to notice it coming until it's too late.
My doc is 19 miles into the nurseries of the Willamette from me. Taking a couple Sudafed before leaving almost always keeps me uncongested later. Try it, it should work for you too and if it doesn't you could suggest they look for structural blockages next.

Getting older is just a succession of accommodations we make with reality. I don't like it but pouting didn't work so I got with the program.
How many Visits?-tooter.jpg 

Old 09-05-2011, 01:31 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Just my experience but I don't believe damaged shoulders completely heal. The damage around the joint can always be tender and I suspect a hard punch might hurt me as much as it's target.
Yeah, I agree. I don't think my shoulder will ever be what it was, say, 10 years ago. It's just too bad that I'm so young to watch my shoulders going so soon. Doc said I'm the youngest he's seen with the extent of damage I've got in my right shoulder.

What's the matter with yours?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-06-2011, 02:31 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Austin, soon you'll have arthritic weather sense too so try to enjoy (or manage) it now. You will do much better at it than I do. I'm the absent minded professor type unlikely to notice it coming until it's too late.
My doc is 19 miles into the nurseries of the Willamette from me. Taking a couple Sudafed before leaving almost always keeps me uncongested later. Try it, it should work for you too and if it doesn't you could suggest they look for structural blockages next.

Getting older is just a succession of accommodations we make with reality. I don't like it but pouting didn't work so I got with the program.
I can feel it in my feat, I've had more than a few breaks there.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:24 AM  
fustrated genius

I was going to a doctor about an ear infection. He prescribed an antibiotic, and it cleared, then came back, he prescribed another one, persited, finally he says, lets get a blood reading on you . . . DIABETES!!! if you are overweight, that may be the problem. I trimmed off the ponzon, got up off my rear end and I got an ear operation and lost the diabetes and tonage too. Feel great now over a yr.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:59 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I'm working at losing weight. That was a suggestion from a friend of mine not to long ago.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.