Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2010, 09:06 PM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
I haven't worked out in 6 years.. I played hockey 7 days a week, sometimes twice a day until I popped 2 disc in my back getting run over by a stupid race car.. No more joy..

Old 09-14-2010, 03:40 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJ View Post
I haven't worked out in 6 years.. I played hockey 7 days a week, sometimes twice a day until I popped 2 disc in my back getting run over by a stupid race car.. No more joy..
Did you get it fixed?

Old 09-14-2010, 05:05 PM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Did you get it fixed?

Amazingly enough the car was fine and able to continue without damage..
Old 09-17-2010, 11:10 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I meant your back.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:42 PM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
You knew I knew that you knew that I knew..

Tried a chemical nerve block to see if spinal nerve cauterization was an option and I didn't respond. Got steroid injections for a few years with limited success. Met with Dr. Trammel who is considered the best in the racing industry for back injuries (primarily driver injuries) and he advised that I would be better off waiting several more years for technology to catch up in the disk replacement field. % of success for my specific injury(s) isn't that great.

I religiously use my inversion table and have a prescription for the non-narcotic pain killer called Tramadol that has worked wonders for my quality of life. Now all I have to do is figure out a workout regime that both interests me and doesn't whack my back so I can lose about 20 lbs and that will help the back a bunch.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:03 AM  
Poison Idea

I've been walking halfway to work and back instead of taking the bus the whole way the last 2 weeks. Morning's I wouldn't really count, but when I get off it's about 10 blocks to the busline up a stupidly steep hill. I've lost about 20 pounds in the last 2 weeks so far from it lol.

Thinking I'm gonna start going to the gym on my next paycheck.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:07 AM  
Poison Idea

Yeah disk pain blows, I popped 2 out of place when I worked at Lowe's and basically spent 9 months in bed vibrating in pain because I didn't have insurance.

It's pretty ok now and I think losing weight is going to help it quite a bit. I'm pretty much used to the pain from it now from working construction right after through 2009.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:33 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Back injuries scare me.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-19-2010, 09:56 PM  

Middlebury, Ct.
I have 2 bad discs also and wake up in agony every morning, through the day with the aid of a few pills and just by loosening up itself it gets a little better but back to almost crying in the morning again.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:45 AM  

kernersville, nc
i've got two small kids (<3) and one due any day. plus I work a lot and I'm thinking about going to school.

working out? ha! no time for that.

my "working out" is turning wrenches on the jeep in what little spare time I have

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!