Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2010, 12:10 PM  

Tucson, AZ
2x a day. every day. im trying some high frequency low volume

Old 10-05-2010, 02:56 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAZ4x4ZJ View Post
2x a day. every day. im trying some high frequency low volume
Be careful man. When I used to lift pretty hard, I did 2-3x a day. Next month I have shoulder surgery to replace my rotator cuff I'm 23!

I'm in the Marine Corps, so of course we PT pretty hard every day, but I certainly can't lift like I used to before my shoulder went out...

Take care!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-13-2010, 08:19 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Jake 7 is RIGHT ... be super careful. Even national team athletes take breaks and doing 2x / day every day is dangerous no matter how you mix it up.

I workout or am active doing something every single day except Monday. On Monday I do NOTHING and eat whatever I want. It makes me love Monday except for having to go to work Monday morning like everyone else of course.

Tuesdays I ride either my mountain bike or road bike
Wednesdays pole dancing
Thursdays crossfit in the morning, pole dancing at night
Fridays recovery run because Thursdays are so tough
Sat/Sun all depends on what is going on ... I'm usually skydiving or racing my mountain bike; or I am on some adventure trip (motorcycles, hiking, or whatever).

Crossfit is ridiculously awesome and I wish I could fit in one more session a week but right now I am just too busy with my job so it can't happen.

I use to go to the gym 3x a week and all that regimented stuff, but have learned to just be super active doing fun new things and that takes the whole need for "discipline" out of it. I am super fit and healthy; eat a LOT and feel really great.

If you asked me 2 years ago ... my answer would have consisted of my strict gym workout regimens ... not anymore. It's just my lifestyle now and that is so much more fun.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:10 PM  
mbj
I is the laws

Martinsburg, West Virginia
I lift Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
run/jog on Saturday
play soccer on Sunday
Old 11-15-2010, 05:48 PM  

Dayton, Ohio
A normal week would be 2-3 days of lifting and 2 cardio workouts which consist of a few mile run and a 20-30 mile bike ride.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:20 PM  

The kinda work I do keeps me in shape, never really liked GYM's

And the last time I was at a GYM (earlier this year) I can't even remember how much I was lifting.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:24 AM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
walking

walking 4-5 miles twice a day; injuries prevent lifting type activities. Would do it all over again
"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 11-16-2010, 06:33 AM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Morgan View Post
The kinda work I do keeps me in shape, never really liked GYM's

And the last time I was at a GYM (earlier this year) I can't even remember how much I was lifting.

That's the best kind of workout and lifestyle I think. I worked on several horse farms in past chapters of my life and during those years, I never saw the inside of a gym. Sometimes I think quitting my stressful office job and going back to the barn would be the healthiest thing I could do in my life right now. My current job is taking such a toll on my right now that I slept in past my gym workout this morning and now I'm at work without having worked out this morning. I hate it.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:17 PM  

I couldn't stand working in an office.

And I love the work I do, only bad thing is it takes a toll on your knees and back, (that's what she said?) somedays when I get home my brother sits there and laughs at me cause I can barley move, but that's only when I work long weeks/week ends/holidays to get stuff done.

Other than that, it's good.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:34 AM  

Charlottesville, VA
There was a day in my life I swore I'd never work in an office and here I am... working in an office. The part that makes it tolerable is the flexibility of being able to work from home and I can work from anywhere in the world I want ... literally (as long as I have an internet connection and phone).

Today I made up for yesterday's lack of workout - not only did I get up and take my dog for a run, but I'm home sitting on my couch working and taking breaks to go outside to clean up the mess from the wind storm last night. So it could be worse but I think I'd still rather have your job - hard work is refreshing to me. It's beats the gym anyday and I love the lifestyle!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!