Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2011, 05:16 PM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
Joined the marathoner ranks

I ran my first (and not my last) marathon on Sunday! I did the Big Sur in Northern California, on Highway 1. What an amazing run, right along the coast. We could even hear sea lions barking along the way.

It was quite an adventure, but well worth it in every way. If you're a runner and thinking about taking the challenge, you won't be disappointed!

Old 05-03-2011, 07:55 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
congratulations, I'm usually impressed by dedication and 26+ miles takes that and more.
Joined the marathoner ranks-4381.jpg 

Old 05-05-2011, 02:10 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemiker View Post
I ran my first (and not my last) marathon on Sunday! I did the Big Sur in Northern California, on Highway 1. What an amazing run, right along the coast. We could even hear sea lions barking along the way.

It was quite an adventure, but well worth it in every way. If you're a runner and thinking about taking the challenge, you won't be disappointed!
That's awesome! Congratulations! I ran that in 2008! I'm a Marine, and was stationed there at Moneterey at the DoD Language Institute from 08-09.

When I was there, we Marines helped out with that marathon every year, standing at the mile markers and calling out times, doing pushups, and just trying to motivate the runners! Were the Marines out there again this year? I hope so!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 05-05-2011, 02:22 PM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
That's awesome! Congratulations! I ran that in 2008! I'm a Marine, and was stationed there at Moneterey at the DoD Language Institute from 08-09.

When I was there, we Marines helped out with that marathon every year, standing at the mile markers and calling out times, doing pushups, and just trying to motivate the runners! Were the Marines out there again this year? I hope so!
Thanks!

Yes, the Marines were there in force! I ride a motorcycle, so it caught my eye to see a bunch of sportbikes roll into the parking lot before the race. At first I thought they might have been marathoners, but when I saw the fatigues I knew they were some of the Marines there to help out. It was awesome to have them there.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:59 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Good to hear we're still out there - that marathon is all-around a great time, whether you're running it, helping out, or just rooting people on.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!