Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2011, 03:01 PM  

looking for some tasty recipes

any of you cooks out there have a good low calorie recipe that is pretty high in protein? maybe a chicken recipe.
i'm trying to get back into eating healthy, but its hard to get the bland baked chicken down. i want to try some new stuff.
what do you all eat to get healthy?

Old 02-28-2011, 06:24 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
You need to get yourself some nice chicken breasts or pork tenderloins (watch for the sales) and marinade them overnight in some olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon juice, a bunch of minced garlic, maybe some minced onion, lots of black pepper, a little salt and your spice of choice. I like paprika myself.

Slap those babies under the broiler and whatever you do don't overcook them. They will be juicy and tasty. Eat them with some rice and a fresh salad.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:25 PM  

Sisters, Oregon
Do you like Thai food? Chicken Satay is tasty.

You'll want to freeze the chicken breast, not solid. A light freeze makes it much easier to slice the chicken thin. Add the chicken to skewers, folding the chicken several times. Lightly baste with Thai peanut sauce and throw it on the grill.

Serve with sticky rice. For presentation, put a couple of fresh basil leaves in the bottom of a bowl, and pack the rice in after. Flip onto a serving plate. Sprinkle the rice with toasted sesame seeds, and add lime juice to taste.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:40 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Satays are great! I've made a few and love them.
Nice tip about the semi-frozen meat for ease of slicing.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!