Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-20-2011, 08:22 AM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Yikes. This is where you and I are going to have to agree to disagree. I think untested vaccines are another thing that is wrong with this country. You know, the people who make the flu shots, REFUSE TO TAKE THEM! Are you aware whats in a flu shot? I am. Are you aware whats in ANY vaccine? I am. My niece got in line and "Rolled her sleeve up", just like the government told her to and you know what happened? She ended up with fibromyalsia. Google that. Google Guardasil and all the girls who are paralyzed from that shot. All the girls who had STROKES from the STATE REQUIRED shot to enter high school. The stat required shot that had not been tested!

gtfo here, Blucher. Do some research instead of reading this one article. Start here:
1. ‪TheAntiTerrorist on H1N1 Part 1 of 4‬‏ - YouTube

Now tell me that you still plan on taking your flu shot this season.... Baah, Baah!

Old 07-20-2011, 08:48 AM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
And for those reasons, my daughter will never receive any vaccine and myself and the rest of my family, refuse to continue with them.

Educate yourselves.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:07 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB View Post
The problem I see with flu shots is that the current year vaccine is for last years flu strain.

As I understand it they first study the strains that emerged late the previous year for likelihood of potential trouble and then mix about 3 of these into the coming year's vaccine. Sometimes they blow it.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:16 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
Come to find out a year later at an AIR FORCE hospital I can't get the Flu vax. I am allergic deadly allergic to something in the vax.

Now I am all for kids getting all their vaxs. There has been outbreaks of stuff in CA that we had beat a long time ago. When I was a teenager they would reports outbreaks of measles mumps Rubella and many other disease that are kept in check with simple vaxs. They all got tracked back to what illegal aliens and their kids.

Vaxinate them kiddos and keep them healthy. Vaxs don't cause Autism they don't cause anything except healthy kids.
I've developed a slew of odd allergies in recent years so I do pay attention the day I get anything new. I recall two guys who had allergies to eggs that were used in culturing vaccines and reacted to even that.

There are enough old farts here to recall the diseases of our childhoods and they weren't fun. Brit is correct about problems with gardisil but the odds are better with vaccines than without.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:24 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
In virginia if you ain't got all your shots you ain't comin to skool. It is that simple.

You also have to remember that EVERY thing the FDA puts a stamp on HAS to be TESTED.

You also have to remember that they can't test 100% of the population. You test according to the FDA guide lines. There are always going to be unknown side affects with medications and vaccines. That is nature, just as some people can go roll in Poison Ivy and not get it. If I even look at it outside I will be in the ER in 24 hours getting a massive Steroid shot. The last time I got Poison Oak (OUT WEST) It was so bad My leg was 2x its normal size it oozed clear crap for 3 weeks. I had to sit in a cold oatmeal bath 4 to 6 hours a day. I could hardly walk. It ruined 2 weeks of my 4 week vacation. Then When I got back to my duty station I had to go back to the doc and get more meds more shots and get a month long no running no PT profile.

I have been vaccinated for so many things it is not funny.

Lets see
Rabies is one I am vaccinated for because I was a vet tech in the Army.
Who knows what the military pumps into you. I got hit 5 times in each arm then 2 times in the buttocks.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:12 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
just as some people can go roll in Poison Ivy and not get it. If I even look at it outside I will be in the ER in 24 hours getting a massive Steroid shot. The last time I got Poison Oak (OUT WEST) It was so bad My leg was 2x its normal size it oozed clear crap for 3 weeks.
That's me to a T. I get Sumac so bad it dehydrates me from ooze loss. I've had 3 similar but different plants identified as poison oak so I'm still not sure which it is. If you camp go to the Adirondacks. There is no form of poison within the Park's "blue line" (border).
Old 07-23-2011, 01:24 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Mexico's Health Secretary, Jos? Angel C?rdova Villalobos, announced Mexico's first measles case, involving a 19-month-old girl who flew in from Paris, France. Health authorities are communicating with all passengers on the Paris-Mexico City flight in an effort to prevent a potential outbreak of the disease in the country.

Pedro Luis Noble Monterrubio, Health Secretary for the state of Hidalgo, said state authorities have intensified "la vigilancia epidemiologica" (vigilance for the incidence, distribution, and control of the disease). The state, and most of the other states in the country, have significantly stepped up vaccinations of Mexican citizens.

Monterrubio warned that measles is a highly contagious viral disease that affects the whole body, causing a skin rash, fever, cough and flu-like symptoms.

The sick child was discovered by authorities last Thursday.

Mexican authorities say the country has not seen a case of reported measles for six years. Vaccination centers have been set up at strategic points in the country, including airports, ports, and bus and train stations.

Jos? Angel C?rdova Villalobos said that there is a serious measles outbreak in France, a result of low vaccination rates there. He added that between January and March this year there have been 4,937 cases of measles in France, compared to 5,090 during the whole of 2010. There were over 6,500 cases in 33 European countries during the first three months of this year.
What is measles?

Measles is a viral infection caused by the rubeola virus. It is highly infectious. If the virus enters an area where vaccination rates are low, or where people have never been exposed to the virus, the results can be very destructive. An outbreak in Cuba in 1952 resulted in the death of approximately two thirds of the island's native population. In 1594 half the indigenous population of Honduras died of the same disease.

It is estimated that over 200 million people have died from measles worldwide over the last 150 years.

According to experts, there are at least 21 different strains of the measles virus.

The signs and symptoms of measles include:
A runny nose
A cough, usually a dry, hacking one
Conjunctivitis
Watery eyes
Sensitivity to light (photophobia)
Sneezing
Fever - which may be severe. It often drops when the skin rash appears
Small grayish-colored spots with bluish-white centers which appear in the mouth, inside the cheeks, and throat (Kuplik's spots)
General body aches and pains
Skin rash - this appear three to four days after the initial symptoms and can last for up to about seven days. The rash generally begins behind the ears, spreads all over the neck and head, and then a couple of days later reaches all the way down to the legs.
People can become infected by touching an infected person, being near them when they cough or sneeze, or touching a surface that has been touched or sneezed or spat on by an infected person. The virus can stay active for up to two hours outside the body.
First Measles Case Appears In Mexico, Said To Come From France
Old 07-24-2011, 11:36 AM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
I had a positive reaction to the Manteaux test for TB in grade school. My body had fought it (TB) off on it's own but I was a very lucky kid because that's fairly rare.
research TB some more, it lies dormant like HIV/AIDS until the situation is just right, then WHAM!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 10:32 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
research TB some more, it lies dormant like HIV/AIDS until the situation is just right, then WHAM!!!
That's surprising. Seems like I saw half the physicians on this coast last year but none was concerned.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.