Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-10-2010, 09:07 AM  

LA
P90x

I always see advertising for it, but haven't gotten much feedback. One of my friends did it, but not consistently. Has anyone tried it? Anyone?

Old 12-13-2010, 12:22 PM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
We did it the other night at practice, so I haven't done a lot of it but.

If you are in decent shape actually doing it isn't an issue, but waking up the next day you will feel it. Especially depending on the muscle groups you usually work.

I like the overall components of it, and if you are going for general non specific fitness it is probably great. It just doesn't have enough focus where I like.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:33 PM  

Seattle, WA
P90X is a great kick your ass kinda workout that takes a full body approach. If you are just starting though check out Jorge Cruise's exercise stuff as well. It's a lot lighter and easier. Some things should be done with a gradient approach all depending on your current physical shape, size, health condition, etc.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:05 AM  

Florida, FL
Definitely not a beginners workout. Unless you can do minimum 10 pull-ups and 50 push-ups, P90X may be frustrating, as the routines include lots and lots of both.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:03 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZer View Post
Definitely not a beginners workout. Unless you can do minimum 10 pull-ups and 50 push-ups, P90X may be frustrating, as the routines include lots and lots of both.
I'd have to totally disagree. My wife did it with me, and she can't even do one pullup, and definitely not 50 pushups.

Don't worry about it if you can't do all they can - the pushups and pullups are only used on some days anyways. They emphasize a lot to only do what you can - of course you're not going to match the world-class athletes that are modeling the routine for you on the DVD. I mean, get real - they get paid to just stay in shape!

I'm in the Marine Corps, so fitness is an important issue in my life. That being said, I don't really like the P90X approach to just tearing everything apart by over-working it. While, I'm sure you're going to see results, for me I chose to discontinue it after 2 weeks because of the dangers of hurting yourself.

Don't just jump into the hype - you need to create a workout program that'll work for you, and is SAFE for you. I just had re-constructive surgery on my right shoulder at 23 years old because I just went the "power-lifting" route without really thinking things through. Be sure and be safe!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 02-14-2011, 09:12 PM  

I have P90x and have used it for about 40 days... I never made it to 90!

You MUST dedicate an hour to the program a day, it sounds easy, but life will throw you curveballs and get you off track with it. I was really into the program until I fell while doing the exercise and her my anxle - I was out of comission until my anxle healed.

I have loaned the program to numerous people and all of them returned the DVDs after about a month... it takes some serious dedication!

If you can do it and stay dedicated to it, more power to you! Best of Luck!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:08 AM  

Totally Agree... If you are not seriously dedicated to it, you will lose motivation. In a gym, whether you are in the mood or not, when you do go in, the environment takes over and you get absorded into the workout. If you are not serious about p90x, are not committed and motivated to working out, and plan on doing this at home pretty much by yourself, IT WILL BE TOUGH TO STAY FOCUSED AND COMMITTED. It is pretty hard if you push yourself, and you WILL feel it in muscles you never used before.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads