Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-30-2010, 07:48 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
RAW Diet

Anyone ever tried a raw diet before?

There is current a "challenge" among some friends to do it for 30 days and help each other through it since it's all new cooking ideas. Intrigued to give it a shot and see difference if any.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:04 PM  

Tacoma, WA
I plan on incorporating more raw into my diet along with the veg*an I plan on for at least 30 days. Raw sounds like a good idea but I have a hard time not cooking some things given the state of our modern food.

As an aside, I do feed my dog 100% raw meat and bones and she thrives beautifully on it.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:05 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
My buddy is on an all-raw diet. We're both Marines, so we PT a lot as well - and I think he's lost about 8 or 9 pounds in 2-3 weeks on it. Don't know if you're going for weight loss or not.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-01-2010, 11:32 PM  

I have been on a diet for the last 11 weeks. So far, I've lost 30 pounds. I started at 6'2" and 260 pounds, and now down to 230 pounds. I eat two granola bars and a banana for breakfast, and a huge salad at night. The salad usually will have a can of tuna as a meat product in it, but will mix it up with lots of veggies. Since I love salads anyway, this diet is easy to deal with, and have not become bored yet. If I get hungry after dinner, I'll pop in a 100 calorie popcorn and that does the trick.

I know I've swayed a bit off topic and apologize, but it does contain lots of raw veggies, but has more substance to fill the other cravings.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:35 PM  
Looks at dirty Jeep pics

Tucson, Arizona
Good raw food is hard to find. I've tried macrobiotic, and just about went nuts when I tried vegetarianism! I could totaly live in a co-op commune, but I need meat! Raw tuna sushi at least.

As for feeding domestic animals raw food, it is dangerous to certain breeds (like a lot of "pure" breeds and toys). Mutts aren't always exempt back to their feral genes, but if he/she is doing fine without reaction or food allergies - go for it. Just be careful of small splintery bones, and behavior can be affected by certain foods.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:21 AM  

Tacoma, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMcGuireXJ View Post
Good raw food is hard to find. I've tried macrobiotic, and just about went nuts when I tried vegetarianism! I could totaly live in a co-op commune, but I need meat! Raw tuna sushi at least.

As for feeding domestic animals raw food, it is dangerous to certain breeds (like a lot of "pure" breeds and toys). Mutts aren't always exempt back to their feral genes, but if he/she is doing fine without reaction or food allergies - go for it. Just be careful of small splintery bones, and behavior can be affected by certain foods.
I'm going slightly off topic here...oh well.

Raw for animals is actually less prone to allergies than commercially available dog food and is also plenty safe if you do it properly in the beginning. Allergies are why I switched to raw in the first place. Dogs need to relearn how to chew their food, but once they do they thrive beautifully. The bones people need to worry about are the cooked ones. Raw bones, if not chewed properly, come out like wet noodles. And behavior has been affected as well, positively. She doesn't need to chew on stuff anymore and has more appropriate energy, meaning she has it when she needs it in surplus.

Ah hell, I should just start a thread on this in the proper forum.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads