Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2011, 01:27 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Stress Relief

There's another thread outlining the use of ABBA, but I know that's not everyone's solution, so how do you cut out the stress?

Old 06-28-2011, 01:50 PM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
Stress relief or stress prevention? For me there isn't a better relief from stress than a good strenuous run! My ultimate goal is to avoid getting so stressed out in the first place, but no success so far.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:24 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
"And I've got a twenty-dollar bill
that says you're up late night starting
fist fights versus fences in your backyard "

I, for one, enjoy a punching bag. Or any other inanimate object that gets in my way on the way.

Cooking calms me down. Driving too. I love driving with no direction (not so much since gas is outrageous.)
Old 07-04-2011, 08:12 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
I shot things. I try to shoot live things like varmints. If I can't do that then I try to shoot paper targets. Just shooting lowers my BP and puts me in a zen type of mood.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:54 PM  
fustrated genius

When I had to drive through city traffic from work, I found that a punching bag hanging in my garage at home would help. I would pull in and park in the driveway. Go inside the garage shutting the door behind me and cuss, punch & kick until I got out some fustrations. Then I was able to relax the rest of the evening.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:19 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemiker View Post
Stress relief or stress prevention? For me there isn't a better relief from stress than a good strenuous run! My ultimate goal is to avoid getting so stressed out in the first place, but no success so far.
Relief, there is little I can do to prevent it.

I vent, a lot. Find my wife (track her down) and spend the next 30 minutes complaining.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:09 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
I shot things. I try to shoot live things like varmints.
Thats the 1st sign of a serial killer.

Anyway, being a marksman I enjoy going out shooting, great stress reliever.
also my wife makes me do yoga, it is hard to be stressed when you are laughing
at yourself hysterically.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:31 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
What I found in a funny way is that baby wash by Johnsons that has the relaxing stuff in it
that is supposed to help them sleep better works on adults also. That + hot bath = good
Old 07-12-2011, 03:53 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Stress Relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ View Post
What I found in a funny way is that baby wash by Johnsons that has the relaxing stuff in it
that is supposed to help them sleep better works on adults also. That + hot bath = good
Quote:
What most people do not know is the fact that Aromatherapy (the inhaling of essential oils to heal our bodies and influence emotions) dates back thousands of years. Aromatic oils were actually used by the royal families of ancient Egypt. Today, science is confirming what some cultures have known for centuries: scent can arouse feelings, suppress urges and even provide curative benefits to certain physical ailments.

Simply by breathing the aromatherapy while you are sleeping, you send scent molecules into your system where they entirely bypass the brain-blood barrier and move directly to you brain’s olfactory nerve. There they are received by the Limbic System, your body’s control center for emotions, memory, stress response, metabolic function and sexual arousal.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:50 PM  

Too funny!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!