Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2011, 09:19 PM  

Vibram 5 fingers?

I consider myself a moderate runner - me and the pooch run anywhere between 2 to 4 miles a night. I'm not one to buy expensive running shoes, but recently upgraded from my New Balance cross trainers to a pair of Under-Armor running shoes... they are lighter, breath more and feel extremely comfortable to run in.

Anyway, I saw Vibram 5 fingers on a Yahoo! news story and decided to check them out. I have to admit, I'm really interested in buying a pair for when me and the pooch go on our shorter runs - for some reason being able to "feel" the ground underneath really excites me.

I'm super curious to try these "shoes" out and was curious if anyone here has any experience with them? I surf a lot in the summers so these also look like great "shoes" to wear to the beach as well.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:24 AM  

CA
I've wondered about these as well, but I haven't tried them. I run 600+ miles a year, but I have plantar fasciitis, so I don't know if they're a good idea for me or not. I've wondered if these might help strengthen my feet, even just by wearing them for walking occasionally. I'd be interested in peoples thoughts on this. If nothing else, I think they might make a good water shoe for kayaking.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:59 PM  

After reading Born to Run, I became interested in barefoot running. I bought a pair of aqua shoes for $10 from Sports Authority. They offer protection for the sole of your foot, but very little as far as cushioning and no heel rise. You might want to give them a shot to see if barefoot running suits you, before spending the money of the vibrams.

I like the idea of the vibrams, but they're just so damn ugly.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:07 PM  

Thanks for the reply, I haven't had a chance to try them on yet... I just keep buying lighter running shoes
Old 04-19-2011, 04:07 AM  

tn
I have and love my VFF's! I have been wearing them for about a year. You have to start out slow in them.. Walk a bit then pick up the pace and distance. Your feet will thank you for it! I am an avid runner with several major Ortho issues including multiple fractured vertebrae in my back after an accident. I used to have lots of joint pain during/after my daily runs.. Once I switched to VFF's - ZERO PAIN! Now tons of my buddies have jumped in and bought them.. they all love them.

You must get over the weird looks you will get and even the comments.. Who cares, they are great!!

By the way I don't sell or represent Vibram.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:31 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
10 characters
Vibram 5 fingers?-vff.jpg 

Old 05-05-2011, 02:14 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I use these quite a bit, and they're quickly becoming more and more popular in the Marine Corps. They're definitely a great running shoe; however, you'll be sore in a a lot of different muscles after your first few runs with them. Specifically your calves will be pretty sore.

Being in the Corps, we run a lot. Even after consistently running for 7+ years, after running in the 5-toes, I was sore in muscles in my legs I didn't even know that I had!

I definitely recommend them to anyone, because it'll change your running dynamic altogether!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!