Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-29-2010, 10:07 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Vitamins / Supplements

For those who take daily/weekly vitamins / supplements what do you take and why?

Old 11-13-2010, 01:09 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I take calcium right now, but that's just because I just got a bunch of bone shaved off my shoulder, and a bunch of screws put in there.

Come on, little bones. Be strong.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-18-2010, 02:39 PM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
I get a vitamin b shot every month. I take a vitamin d thing every week and I am on some high tech Oscal type crap for low bone density.

Living in CNY is the main reason for the first two, and I break too many bones in my feet so they are playing it safe.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:36 PM  
Looks at dirty Jeep pics

Tucson, Arizona
Food - real food, healthy diet and exercise, and clean water. All a body really needs. Most supplements get flushed out of the body without being absorbed. Money down the toilet.

I used to be a dietician and a personal trainer. Don't always buy into fads or what "new scientific studies show." Most will burn your kidneys and/or liver out. Research what your plan is, and make sure you and your doctor know the effects and balance. Also, look at your family histories. You may have similarities through heredity, but you weren't cut from the same cookie cutter. What works for some may kill you, even if prescribed or suggested by your doctor.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:32 PM  

Monmouth, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMcGuireXJ View Post
Food - real food, healthy diet and exercise, and clean water. All a body really needs. Most supplements get flushed out of the body without being absorbed. Money down the toilet.

I used to be a dietician and a personal trainer. Don't always buy into fads or what "new scientific studies show." Most will burn your kidneys and/or liver out. Research what your plan is, and make sure you and your doctor know the effects and balance. Also, look at your family histories. You may have similarities through heredity, but you weren't cut from the same cookie cutter. What works for some may kill you, even if prescribed or suggested by your doctor.
I completely agree. Yes, some people have deficiencies and in those cases supplementing would be a good idea, however most people simply require a balanced diet. Like mama said: "eat your greens!"
Old 01-17-2011, 10:39 AM  

San Diego, CA
I take B-12 because I'm mostly a vegetarian and I know I don't always get all I need in what I eat. Multi-vitamin too. BUT be careful, look for the "USP" insignia on the label. This ensures that the supplement meets the standards for strength, purity, disintegration and dissolution established by the testing organization, U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP).
Old 01-21-2011, 12:18 PM  

Rockwall
I take Shaklee. Their vitamins are all natural and have more clinical tests backing them up than any other company out there. A lot of vitamin companies do little to no testing on their final product. Not only does Shaklee thoroughly test it's final vitamin, it also tests all the components that go into each product. I love the way they make me feel and have been taking them daily for the last 5 years.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:31 AM  
mbj
I is the laws

Martinsburg, West Virginia
I take a multivitamin and fish oil caps every day. I also often drink a protein shake in the afternoon. After workout I drink a drink that is protein and gatorade.

Sure you can get all you need from food, but that's a lot easier said than done sometimes with a busy lifestyle that includes long hours at the office, in meetings, in court etc.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:48 AM  

I'm taking hunger suppressants, 'cause now I'm trying to lose weight. Also I'm taking vitamin coplex, which consists of vitamin E capsuls and vitamin B12(a'm a vegeterian)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads