Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-16-2010, 09:41 AM  

mechanicsville, maryland
cheap garage?

i don't know if there is a such thing but I'm needing a garage to work on projects at my house and i don't want to build my dream garage yet because i don't plan to stay at this house for More than another 5 years so for now i need a cheep shop i can work on stuff and have all my tools at my house instead of always having to clean my dads shop so i can work on my stuff with my tools

i was wondering what do you all suggest i was thinking about maybe just a steel building maybe 20x20 or 24x24 i know i could get the 20x20 for less than 5000 but thats not including the concrete slab or electric i could also stick build one and make it match the house but i have not had a chance to price it out yet but do you all have any other suggestions on what to use or a manufacture for steel buildings

Old 01-10-2011, 12:45 AM  
SW Explorer and Wanderer

Albuquerque, NM
how big are you looking?

Just helped put in a garage on my business manager's property.

The slab was pre-existing, it originally had a wood framed garage on it, so that didnt figure into costs.

It was a 24 by 30 foot garage, single garage door on the short end, single door on the long end. Company was Mueller, out of their central NM location.

She spent about $4800 including delivery.
They dont have any locations anywhere near you, that might significantly affect costs.

Also, this was a pre-fab, but they also sell DIY kits, this may save a significant amount of the price, if you have the ability to erect it yourself.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:09 PM  

Gloucester, MA
Just thinking out loud… find a used tractor-trailer, big trailer that is and use it for now as a work shop.
All that is needed is the OK from the town to put it there, run an HD Extension Cord from the Basement of the house and you have a decent workshop.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:17 AM  

appleton, wi
When my brother was stationed in louisiana he found an old school bus and used that as a shop. worked for him for about 4 years. or get a connex box and use it.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:35 PM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
What about a post-frame building? I don't think they're very expensive to build.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:44 AM  

If your not heating and insulating it.. get one of those shipping containers then you can haul it to your next place.... other wise a pole shed would be cheap..
Old 02-27-2011, 09:32 AM  
Traveler

A pole building kit is about as cheap as you're going to find. We have a saying out here in my area......."The only thing easier and cheaper than a pole building, is a cave!"

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads