Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-21-2011, 01:21 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Dehumidifier

Does any one use a dehumidifier? My house gets a moist funk to it so I was hoping it would work, but I've never talked to anyone who's used one and $300 is a lot of money to spend with no clue as to whether it will work.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:00 PM  
fustrated genius

I usually need the opposite here. My guitars are especially in need of a humidifier.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:17 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Those are pretty cheap in comparison to dehumidifiers.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:31 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
I can't see your SW air needing less humidity. You can over do it as I learned the hard way but that's in normally damp Oregon.
Your nasal passages must be like dried out leather without some added humidity.

In PA our rec room tended toward dampness so my father installed a nice unit with a hose attached to it's drain. The rec room floor had it's own handy drain because that unit could extract about 4 gallons of H2O a day.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:30 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Dehumidifiers are essential up here in Ohio. I deal with foreclosed properties all the time; one of the first things we do is have a dehumidifier installed to keep the mold down.

They work in temperatures above about 55F. Anything colder and they just ice over. The hotter it is, the better they work.

On another note, look at your air conditioner. They perform two functions - cooling the air, and drying the air. If you have an over-powered air conditioner, it will cool the air a lot faster than an underpowered air conditioner, but it won't dry out the air effectively.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.