Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2011, 12:43 PM  
LM3

Holmes on Homes???

Any opinion on this guy?

Old 02-14-2011, 12:56 PM  

Personally, I like the guy. I just wonder who has to pay for everything he repairs? If it is the owner, many errors can be easily fixed but he will choose to rip it all out and start over. Somewhat of a waste IMHO.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:39 AM  

I watch his show on HGTV all the time. He does a great job it looks like.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:00 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
First the guy can build a house.

Second I do believe the show and Holmes are in Canada. So I do believe in some what the govt pays for some. I am sure the idiots he cleans up after get sued for the cost of repairs.

Many times to fix all the little things it would be more work and cost 3 times what it cost to rip it out and do it right from the start. Plus if the guy rebuilding your kitchen can't install a faucet correctly how do you know he did the electrical correctly or if he tired the walls to the floor correctly? Have you ever tried to rehang cabinets that were not plumb when they were hung the first time? You have to use different screw holes so not you have a bunch of nasty looking shewed up wood in your nice cabinets.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:19 AM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
I love the show. It is based out of Canada. If it was in the US I would love it.

He knows his stuff, he has walked into some bad things. I remember one where they ripped everything down and just found more problems. Also sometimes they have to rip things down to get them reinspected.

He has another show starting now.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:21 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
Holmes Inspection.

I caught a few episods of it. It is a great show as well and he gets a little more indepth with what is wrong and why you should do it right the first time.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:20 PM  

Shuswap, BC
He is awesome.
I have met him, and he is very nice in person as well.
As for the repairs, most if not all of it is paid for by his foundation, and HGTV, and sponsors.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:17 PM  

Nashville, TN
Of all the home improvement shows I thinks his is the most realistic. You have to remember that its all scripted TV and is mostly on for entertainment value. I'd like the show even more if he would track down the guys who screwed up the origional installation and went WWF on them... just my opinion
Old 02-17-2011, 02:23 PM  

New York
I think its a awesome show!!!! And having been ripped off by a builder.... I know what the peopleon the show are going through!!!!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Bookmark this Page!