Quite seriously...I had a home in northern Wisconsin and every spring and fall our yard would be covered in mushrooms. They were definitely edible.
In spring they were morels that just can't be beat sauteed in butter. In the fall they were honey mushrooms (Armillaria mellea) which were fabulous fried up with some onions and served with eggs and hash browns for breakfast.
I don't pretend to say yours are edible...but I would definitely find out what ya got...
My mycology instructor used to quote the following: "There are old mushroom hunters and bold mushroom hunters but no old, bold mushroom hunters." Make sure you get an expert opinion before eating them.
For the record, I will not eat any mushroom I find in my yard. I also will not eat any mushroom I find at the store. I will not eat any mushroom Rachel Ray gives me to eat. I will not eat a mushroom.
But I will describe the ones that I have in my yard. They start out as balls on the ground and I have only had one do it but it finally sprung up and became a full mushroom about 6" in diameter and about 3" off the ground. My 4 year old daughter was fascinated by it and had to poke it with a stick when I put it in the yard waste container. She had to squat down and look at it every time she got out of the car. I left it where it grew for about a week before I pulled it up so she could look at it. She still asks about it.
Now every time I find the little balls in the yard I pull them up before they grow any bigger.