Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-22-2010, 07:46 PM  

Bellevue, Washington
I think we have answered the original topic question so we can discuss the edibility of shrooms all we want.
The ones in my yard are not pretty at all. They have a flat top and are beige. I'll see if I can find a picture of one.

EDIT:I can't find a picture. I'll just take one this weekend.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:00 PM  

Bluff City, TN
First invite a bunch of hippies over for a shroom party. When they have pulled all of them up chase the away with the threat of a shower, with soap.

Ok now your yard is free of mushrooms and hippies. Put a fungicide on your yard. The two most popular are Bayleton and Daconil. Bayleton is the better of these two fungicides. You will need to buy enough to be able to apply 6-7 lbs per 1000 square feet of yard. Then occasionally put 1-3 lbs per 1000 square feet to keep them away.

Also you will need to maintain your yard very well to help keep them from coming back. There are millions of mushrooms spores flying around all the time so it isn't hard for some to land in your yard. You will need to keep your yard dry. Water it enough for the grass to grow but not so much that it is always moist. Remove anything that will keep it moist, or supply nutrients for the spores to grow with, such as grass clippings, leaves, dog mess. etc...

A neat clean dry yard that you can go out and play in without worry of wetting or dirtying your clothes is a good start to keeping mushrooms from returning.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:09 AM  

Sammamish, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapeape934 View Post
You will need to keep your yard dry. Water it enough for the grass to grow but not so much that it is always moist. Remove anything that will keep it moist, or supply nutrients for the spores to grow with, such as grass clippings, leaves, dog mess. etc...

A neat clean dry yard that you can go out and play in without worry of wetting or dirtying your clothes is a good start to keeping mushrooms from returning.
Just a reminder, he's in the Seattle area. We only need to water the lawn 2-3 times a year in August, the rest of the year it's wet from the 40+ inches of rain we get every year, September through July 4th.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:01 PM  

Bellevue, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeApe View Post

You will need to keep your yard dry.
That could be a problem......
Old 10-31-2010, 12:09 PM  

Bluff City, TN
To keep it dry means it needs to be able to drain. If the water just sits on it when it rains then it is a problem. Slope even if small helps, the lawn will absorb what water it can then the rest will run off instead of letting the water sit keeping the ground always moist.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:13 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Mushrooms like to sprout from rotting wood. If you leave a lot of little branches in your grass and they get covered with thatch, mushrooms will sprout.

At least that's the case where I live. When I have a mushroom infestation in my lawn, scraps of wood are the culprit.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:17 PM  

Bellevue, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeApe View Post
To keep it dry means it needs to be able to drain. If the water just sits on it when it rains then it is a problem. Slope even if small helps, the lawn will absorb what water it can then the rest will run off instead of letting the water sit keeping the ground always moist.
My yard does slope and I don't have standing water so that shouldn't be an issue, be the yard is almost always wet from Oct to April from rain or mist.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads