Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-20-2010, 05:28 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Increasing Well Pump Pressure

We have a well pump that's in the drill hole and out of it comes the wires into a electrical box. I was told that somewhere in that electrical box is a toggle to increase the pump pressure.

Is that all there is too it? Just turn a little knob to increase it and that's it? There is a reservoir tank (maybe 25 gallons), would upgrading that also increase the pressure?

Old 12-22-2010, 10:39 AM  

Edmond, Oklahoma
There should be a pressure regulator to turn the pump on and off at predetermined pressure. They will have a nut holding down a spring or two. This nut can be adjusted to increase pressure. I need to do this on mine as well...

Old 12-22-2010, 10:57 AM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
So there is usually not a gauge on the pump box, you just adjust the nut and watch the pressure gauge if you installed one to determine the correct bolt position for desired pressure?
Old 12-22-2010, 02:39 PM  

Edmond, Oklahoma
Right you would have to watch the pressure gauge as you adjust. Some regulators allow you to adjust the on and off pressures separately, but I think most new ones adjust them at the same time. You raise the on pressure, the off pressure raises the same.

Perhaps this will help... http://www.inspectapedia.com/water/WaterPumpAdjust.htm
Old 12-22-2010, 02:42 PM  

Raleigh, NC
most of the time they have like a 10 PSI range. Mine is a 35-45 PSI switch. you can upgrade that to a higher one but be careful depending on the type of plumbing. we have that old polybutaline and that crap doesnt hold up well and end up with lots of leaks as the fittings get older

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads