Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-29-2011, 01:48 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I liked the old drafting table, and wouldn't mind a couple of those sofas myself

Old 10-29-2011, 05:11 PM  
fustrated genius

ah, I'll stick to the W.T. crap we drag home from walmart.

There's 50 cal shells and 30 cals too all over the place here that make good wind chimes though.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:21 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Those drapes are a trainwreck, but that bed is shipwreck!
That "shipwreck" is a sword become a plowshare.

This is probably a standard Israeli couch.

There?s a war in the living room, and this furniture shows it ? Randommization

Oshawa Ontario:
Jacquie Severs: 3 Awesome things About Oshawa
Quote:
One of my favourite things about Oshawa is the choice of two great flea markets. One is at the north end, and one is technically in Courtice, but they are both pretty awesome and about 10 minutes drive from my house.The Oshawa flea market is truly a flea market. I'm tired of these 'flea markets' that sell only collectibles, bad gold necklaces, fake purses and puppy mill dogs. Those are not flea markets. Flea markets should be full of junk, antiques, books, vinyl records and weird paintings. The odd army collectible is fine. The Oshawa flea market is vinyl record heaven - if you are a collector, there are a handful of vendors each with huge amounts to dig through, often already organized and sleeved by genre. And very well priced. I'd venture to say it's one of the best flea markets I've ever been to as far as record collecting goes. I've also bought vintage Playboy's there (I collect 50's, 60's and some 70's issues - 10 for $20), Labatt's 50 Beer Mugs ($2 each), a W Heath Robinson poster (framed, $15) and so on. It's a fun dig-for-the-good-stuff flea market.

The Courtice flea market by comparison does have some crappy collectibles vendors and some lame knock-off perfumes. But, it also has a whole barn called the "Junk Gypsy", a number of antique jewellery vendors, a bunch of vintage furniture vendors, an army surplus area and a farmer's market each weekend. At left are some huge pendant lamps I spotted there this past weekend. I loved them all. Especially the orange one. Unfortunately, I couldn't even justify the $5 each they were asking for them, since I've just replaced all the lighting fixtures in my condo. But I wanted them all.
Quote:
What's Environment Furniture's philosophy when it comes to materials?
In terms of raw materials, we try to use either reclaimed or certified wood ? at least 90 percent. Part of what we do is to create supply chains that are complex and unique. It's very important for a product to have a story behind it.

World War II Shelter Half

For instance, our upholstered pieces use cotton canvas that comes from military tents. They're called 'shelter halves' ? they've been used in America since the Civil War. It's a small, two-man pup tent made of two halves ? each soldier carries one half of the tent, and then they snap the two halves together to create the shelter. From around the 1950s to the 70s, the U.S. Army made these tents from 100 percent cotton canvas.
We buy up the cotton ones and repurpose them in our upholstery. There are no artificial treatments used. First, the canvas develops its patina simply by being used out in the sun, the rain, and the weather. Then it ends up in a chain of military surplus vendors.
Environment Furniture's Davide Berruto on Green Design Shop Talk | Apartment Therapy New York

I did like the Surplus Swiss Army axe.

I regard Google as an adventure resource. Typing "military surplus furniture" gets a few odd results like this one.

Quote:
i bought 10 craftsman tollboxes at an army surplus and make a desk out of 2 of the m and this one is diapers only the rest are overflowing with tools
Ingenious hiding places - Page 2
It's a diaper fetish forum.
Mine Furniture-kalab-furniture-exhibition_2.jpg 

Mine Furniture-kalab-furniture-exhibition.jpg 

Mine Furniture-kalab-furniture-exhibition_3.jpg 

Mine Furniture-kalab-furniture-exhibition_5.jpg 

Mine Furniture-kalab-furniture-exhibition_4.jpg 

Mine Furniture-safia-sectional.jpg 

Mine Furniture-swiss-army-surplus-axes.jpg 

Mine Furniture-mossad-equipment-bag.jpg 

Mine Furniture-img_0929.jpg 

Old 10-30-2011, 12:58 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
There's 50 cal shells and 30 cals too all over the place here that make good wind chimes though.
A bit odd but probably good for scaring off Jehovah's Witnesses.

How about MilSup tires?
Anybody want military surplus tires???
100Dollarman - Tires!

Or perhaps banking accessories are more your style?
Quote:
Military Surplus Body Armor

Availability: Out of stock- SKU: ARMYARMOR
This is a rare Military Surplus Body Armor with Ceramic Plates (Front and Back). If you are a Army Vests collector, you do not want to let this one slip away! This is the authentic Military Armour made by a Bristish contract company "Bristol Armor Company / Bristol Composite Materials Engineering Limited" for the German National Army.
Military Surplus Body Armor with Ceramic Plates - Keepshooting?

Mothballed tugboats?
http://beniciaherald.files.wordpress...ed-3-31-10.jpg
Mine Furniture-img_5286.jpg 

Mine Furniture-military-surplus-body-armor-plate-b.jpg 

Mine Furniture-1902.jpg 

Mine Furniture-military-surplus-trailer-1.jpg 

Mine Furniture-military-surplus-trailer-5.jpg 

Mine Furniture-p1015045.jpg 

Mine Furniture-altama.tan.hot.weather.combat.boots.11n-1.jpg 

Mine Furniture-altama.tan.hot.weather.combat.boots.11n-4.jpg 

Mine Furniture-ammo.jpg 

Mine Furniture-delaneyssurplus.jpg 

Old 10-30-2011, 01:45 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Oregon MilSurp:

equipment trailer

Quote:
The oshkosh has an 8V92TA Detroit diesel at about 450 HP. While the truck is not without its faults, crappingout of power on the hills is not one of them. We have removed a 20,000 lb air lift axle. The two hydraulic winches were intended by the army to be able to drag a disabled tank up on a ramp trailer that the truck towed.

Don't know if you have dealt much with semi trailer belly dumps, but notice that the truck is somewhat larger than
the belly dump. The situation is reversed with a highway truck, and and with a little wet grass you can easily get stuck with a highway truck. I"ve spread a lot of rock down a muddy road with one of these. After all if you can easily get down the road, it doesn't need rocked. The roads that need rock are those that you can't get down.
US_Army_Alaskan_Land_Train_from_the_1950s

Snow Train
Mine Furniture-belly1.jpg 

Mine Furniture-31y.jpg 

Mine Furniture-nose.jpg 

Mine Furniture-9145d4f8b37d63b8_large.jpg 

Mine Furniture-46d211e9e81a5ab8_large.jpg 

Old 09-28-2012, 08:20 AM  
Traveler

I like everything in those pictures. Those are bombs, right? Everything is metallic. At least they are just being creative in everything that can be useful. Two Thumbs up.
Old 12-24-2017, 01:22 AM  

Hardwood floors: What could leave spots of bare wood?

We are finding bare spots on our hardwood floor, (i.e. apparently missing the polyurethane sealant). We have found spots in the middle of the floor (away from windows) in a few locations. The wood looks bare. The edges of the spots missing the polyurethane are crisp. I do not believe this is water damage. It doesn't appear to have "bubbled up" characteristic of the water damage that I've seen.
Old 12-24-2017, 09:27 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
The floor was probably not cleaned properly before the finish was added.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads