Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2016, 12:50 PM  

Variable Output Infrared Quartz Heater

In the early days of quartz heaters Presto made one with continuously adjustable output. Nowadays they all seem to have on/off thermostat controllers. For the ultimate comfort I like to aim the heater at my easy chair with just the right level of glow from the quartz tubes (sorry EdenPure but this is the real infrared heat).

So my idea is to purchase a cheap quartz heater set its thermostat just a bit higher than the temp I want and use a voltage controller to get the heat level I want. Here's a link to the voltage controller I am planning to use. http://www.ebay.com/itm/4000W-AC-220...IAAOSwYHxWF0~m
Variable Output Infrared Quartz Heater-s-l1600.jpg 

Old 02-07-2016, 03:05 PM  
Traveler

Continuous controlled heat. Brilliant! Be sure that it's American made! (just kiddin')

Old 02-07-2016, 08:10 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Continuous controlled heat. Brilliant! Be sure that it's American made! (just kiddin')
Good luck there, both heater and controller made in China. So are twisty CFL bulbs, don't know about LEDs as I don't have any.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:48 PM  
Traveler

The bills you'll be using to buy your stuff are made and printed in china. Hell even this forum was made in china.The kids in avatar are American made though.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:53 AM  

Hard to believe that its been more than 2 years. I picked up the voltage controller more than a year ago but couldn't find the heater I wanted at the price I wanted. A week or so ago I hit pay dirt, Walmart had an on-line closeout for a 1500 watt quartz tower heater for $14.88 with free delivery to the store. This morning the house was chilly but the forecast was for 80s in the afternoon. So I sat the heater in front of my easy chair adjusted my hack for a comfortable continuous glow and had my morning coffee as I tested my hack. Why they make radiant heaters with on/off thermostats is a mystery to me.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Bookmark this Page!