Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2011, 12:44 PM  
Zoe-nuh-jeep

Suck Vista, Arizona
White Vinegar= Dishwasher duct tape

So I was having a problem with standing water after washing dishes in my dishwasher. I'd come to the conclusion that it was clogged up because of how crappy of a job (none) I do pre-washing the dishes.

I thought to myself, "Hmm... what about running a cycle of Drain-o?" and immediately hit myself with a 2x4 for such lunacy. Who wants Drain-o on their dishes for eternity? Not this guy, that's for sure.

So I went to my pantry and looked at what solutions I had that would be dishwasher-safe. The first thing that caught my eye was a 20 oz bottle of white vinegar (why I had it, I will never know), so I dumped about half the bottle into the standing water and ran a normal cycle sans dishes. Well let me just tell you it worked like a charm and I have been clog-free since.

White vinegar folks, git you some.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:49 AM  

Bellevue, Washington
Sounds like someone has been reading Martha Stewart Living. Just kidding. Yea man, Vinegar and Baking Soda are like mother natures cleaning department. Even if they don't come totally from mother nature.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Bookmark this Page!