Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-21-2011, 09:32 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
I've personally never seen a battery array. Only the power from the turbine being fed directly into the grid.

I wish there was a forum for DIY wind turbines. Seems like a good technical resource.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:38 PM  

Uh-oh, I see a new forum in the works!

Old 02-23-2011, 07:04 PM  

danville, kentucky
i have two 1500 watt wind turbines on the way. they aren't all everybody thinks they are. they only make power when the wind is blowing and if you don't have a blocking diode on them they will feed back fromthe battery bank and turn the turbine thusly using the power they made. it also takes a average wind of 12 mph to really make 300 watts of power. mine produce 1500 watts in 20mph winds according to thier site.

i wouldn't want to try to run a ac` turbine back into the grid without cleaning up the power wave first. a dc wind turbine is much easier to run back into the grid. you have to have a grid tie inverter to transform the dc current to pure sine wave ac to put it back into the power grid.

i can go on for ever on the topic becuase i have studying it for about 2 years now. solar is the better way to go, but you have to understand what you will need for the winter time. it makes 1/2 power in the winter monthes.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.