Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2011, 05:10 AM  

Houston, Texas
I did post an announcement of the Mead-in. I am not convinced that we get notifications each time a post is added to this thread. I only get them intermittently. I might suggest that you friend the No-Label Brewery and the Cane Island Alers on Facebook. There are always plenty of notices by both groups on upcoming events.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:35 AM  

The Woodlands, TX
Just bottled my very first batch last weekend up here in the Woodlands! (Cooper's dark ale kit). Looking forward to try some more advanced stuff (all-grain brewing, etc.).

Old 01-24-2011, 05:26 AM  

Houston, Texas
Attended a Beer Fault mini-seminar on Saturday at the Flying Saucer, hosted by the Foam Rangers. It was free in prep for the Grand Masters Home Brew competition held at St. Arnolds on Sunday. The seminar was pretty educational, we determined out threshold levels for Diacetyl, Acetaldehyde, and Dimethyl Sulphide in beer by tasting different concentrations of the stuff in beer. Brock Wagner (founder of St. Arnolds) dropped in as a plus and spoke at length on brewery QC. Pretty interesting. The class lasted about 2.5 hours.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:42 PM  
Travlen Jones

Displaced Texan here - take advantage of all of the available knowledge and supplies around Houston... It gets pretty slim once you cross I20
Old 01-25-2011, 02:25 PM  

Houston, Texas
That's what the internet is for. You must be up in one of the dry counties, or semi-dry. You should open your own beer garden and give it away, you would not be at a loss for friends. I ran into a guy who did that, kept his garage open for his neighbors and had 5-6 beers on tap. He said brewing the beer was cheaper than installing a home security system. His buds just come and go as they please and keep an eye on his house in the process.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:31 AM  
Travlen Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPatton View Post
That's what the internet is for. You must be up in one of the dry counties, or semi-dry. You should open your own beer garden and give it away, you would not be at a loss for friends. I ran into a guy who did that, kept his garage open for his neighbors and had 5-6 beers on tap. He said brewing the beer was cheaper than installing a home security system. His buds just come and go as they please and keep an eye on his house in the process.

this is brilliant! I need to convince my neighbor to do this!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:14 PM  

Brewer Here!
Old 03-01-2011, 01:46 PM  

Yep, brewer here. I just finished building my All grain rig last night!
Any other brewers here?-img_0001.jpg 

Old 03-02-2011, 10:21 AM  

Houston, Texas
Brewer right here in Katy
Old 05-05-2011, 08:00 PM  

Tomball Here, Im on my 6th batch? Red Tail ale / Honey nut brown...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!