Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2010, 04:50 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Crunch View Post
I used Red Star Montrachet yeast for the apple wine. Doesn't create krausen and has a nice clean yeast cake.
Oooh, I do like red star...though the LHBS is closed now, and I am headed to the grocery store in a bit so I was gonna try this tonight! Gonna give D-47 a shot and hope it turns out well! Interesting to know ahead of time that it turns out like a dry apple wine, that sounds like it could be good. If I don't like it, I'll give some bottles to friends who like dry wines. Thanks for the replies, 713 brewers!!

Old 11-22-2010, 04:59 PM  
Big Punisher

Houston, Texas
Add some corn sugar too if you have it.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:09 PM  

Alright Johnny! Appreciate the tip. I decided to go ahead and create a group for Houston Brewers, feel free to join and post any of your brewing techniques, questions, thoughts, or recipes!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:29 AM  

Kingwood, Texas
I just started brewing beer. First batch is an IPA. I previously made wine, but wanted to start making beer as I can enjoy it alot sooner.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:53 AM  

Katy, TX
I just kegged a batch for the first time a few days ago. A european style IPA.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:58 AM  

Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6August6Derleth6 View Post
Oooh, I do like red star...though the LHBS is closed now, and I am headed to the grocery store in a bit so I was gonna try this tonight! Gonna give D-47 a shot and hope it turns out well! Interesting to know ahead of time that it turns out like a dry apple wine, that sounds like it could be good. If I don't like it, I'll give some bottles to friends who like dry wines. Thanks for the replies, 713 brewers!!
I used London Ale 3 with 5 gallons of Treetop cider. I also put in some corn syrup to get a higher OG. London Ale is not as high of an attenuator as some other yeasts so you're left with a sweeter finish.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:35 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey1983 View Post
I just started brewing beer. First batch is an IPA. I previously made wine, but wanted to start making beer as I can enjoy it alot sooner.
Yeah that's what I do too, i make a couple five gallon batches of mead and make beer in the meantime to drink!! Good luck man, and RDWHAHB.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:30 PM  
ALF

Houston, Texas
All grain brewer and mead maker, although i havent made any mead in quite a while. I was also referred by HBT.

Currently have a N. Brown ale and Old ale on tap.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:31 AM  

i love belgian beers. 5 of my last 7 or so homebrews have been belgian inspired.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:53 AM  

Bastrop, Tx, Texas
Still trying to find a recipe I would like to stay with so I try new ones and get them from HBT and beer recipes.org, from extracts to all grains
good luck and use a Glass

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads