Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-20-2010, 07:36 AM  

Houston, TX
I have tried many of these places, and unfortunately (like you say) the ones with the best selection generally have rediculous pricing! Sounds like I will need to check out the Petrol Station very soon. I also enjoyed the Beer Haus near Rice Village for the relaxed atmosphere. Thanks for this write up.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:05 PM  

Front Porch in Midtown has a decent selection of beers, good atmosphere (especially when the weather is nice) and easy walking to places to eat nearby.

Little Woodrows in Midtown is about the same as Front Porch and if all else fails you can walk over to Spec's and get you something for the house.

If you are on the Northeast side of town, try McCllellan's. It has a good beer selection, decent food, shuffle board table, 9 hole par 3 golf course and driving range. Plus it claims to have the smallest pub in the world.
Pub Bar Restaurant Humble TX ( Texas ) McClellans

Old 11-22-2010, 02:50 PM  

Houston
+1 for Petrol and the saucer. They are opening a saucer in the woodlands area. That will be nice to have.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:14 PM  
Professional

Texas
I know that it is a lot of times crowded, but if you go at an odd time of day, Taps on Washington is a cool place. I would be wary of going on a Friday or Saturday night, unless you are into frat central type establishments. They often have decent specials, and even the nicer beers and Belgian stuff isn't astronomical. Maybe I just love the fact that they have St. Bernardus on draft... but I go there sometimes.

Other than that, i concur with the above comments.
The Gingerman is probably one of my favorite places to go, because of the selection and atmosphere.
Yardhouse can be OK. I always go before their happy hour is over to enjoy discounted beers, and half priced pizzas. That is a good way to make it affordable. Their pizza is tasty as well.

Does anyone know if there are ANY other brewpubs since Two Rows closed? OK, other than BJ's that is. I sure do miss Two Rows $1 pint nights :-(
Old 11-22-2010, 04:11 PM  
Big Punisher

Houston, Texas
It's a shame beer pubs = sausage fests.........
Old 11-22-2010, 05:23 PM  

Houston, TX
maybe a shame for you, luckily for me, my wife enjoys several craft brews
Old 11-22-2010, 06:14 PM  
Big Punisher

Houston, Texas
I'm married too. I still prefer a bar with some scenery over a sausage fest.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:16 AM  

Katy, TX
Pub Hub in Katy is a nice place. I love the ever changing beer selection. The queso is good (which is always important =). I can't wait to try their pizza, i heard it is really good. Has anyone tried their food?
Old 11-23-2010, 08:24 AM  

Houston, TX
Anvil Bar and Refuge is pretty decent. They have a rolling selection throughout the night. Once one keg is kicked, a different beer fills that tap. It can get pretty busy Thurs-Sat and I think they focus on cocktails but it's still nice to see a beer selection.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:52 PM  
ALF

Houston, Texas
On the NW side, as mentioned before, Rockwells Tavern....130+ bottled beers and awsome burgers. I just discovered this place myself and plan on going back soon.

BJ's (willowbrook) - Most of the BJ's are a BoP, but this BJ's has contracted St. Arnolds to brew their beer for them, so quality is not an issue. Pizza is great and many monitors for sports fans.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.