Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2010, 03:35 PM  

Frisbee Golf Parks

I've only been able to find two parks in houston that have frolfing posts, though I read once somewhere that Houston actually has the largest number of them in Texas. It's possible that it wasn't true, but I've recently been trying to find golfing parks and have been having trouble. Anyone else know any parks and their locations?? Thanks!

Old 11-23-2010, 05:58 PM  

Houston, Texas
There's alot of stuff in George Bush park that's not familiar to me. All kinds of fields and I see everything from sports to model airplanes there. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a frisbee golf course, but I don't know for sure.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:43 PM  
ALF

Houston, Texas
I dont play disc golf, but I know there is a disc golf park in Gonzales, texas. It is about a 2 hours drive west, toward San Antonio. You might want to call the city hall and make sure the posts are still there.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:12 PM  

houston, tx
my favorites are macgregor park near UH downtown and tom bass park on the southeast side of town. macgregor is kind of in a ghetto but ive been lately and its really been cleaned up a lot. the course is decent; nothing too challenging. you can also play down near allen parkway but be ready to drop a few discs in the bayou...and know theres alligators in there before you go to retrieve!
Old 12-01-2010, 01:22 PM  

Thanks everyone! Yeah the mcgregor park is pretty cool, just the surrounding area is a bit sketchy (like you said.) but with a CHL, I'm prepared no matter where I go. ^_^ Thanks again all! I believe I'm going to take an aerial map and draw circles or markers of some kind around all the parks which have frolfing capabilities! If i ever get around to it, haha...
Old 12-04-2010, 11:02 AM  

Georgia
Downtown there is the Jim Mazola memorial course; I used to play with Jim when I lived in Houston and was a member of the HFDS. He was a great golfer and a super dude. This course is right near the site of the old object course HFDS used for league nites, I call it Rettilon Park. (I don't know if you can play there anymore - it had one of the sweetest 500+ ft holes ever) Agnus Moffit Pk on Beltway 8 just N of I 10 is great, but can get marshy when it rains. Also, near I 10 is Nottingham Pk, a nice little 18 holer, flat and uses trees to make it interesting. In Katy there is Crosspoint Community Church, which has a short 9 basket deal that is nice to walk to from my brother's house. It's very cool to see churches putting courses in - loving the Lord and worshiping Him inside as well as loving His creation outside - wow!
Finally, I need to check out MacGregor Pk sometime I'm there. It says challenging, and has 21 baskets - HMMMM...
Old 12-20-2010, 05:33 PM  

Houston, Texas
There is a 9 hole at 43rd and TC Jester. Nothing special but it's rarely busy.

Agnes Moffitt Park on Beltway 8 near I-10 is the only other one I have experience with. Nice, big, 18 hole course with enough trees around to make things interesting.

Check out this site, definitely the most complete list of courses I've found.

Disc Golf Houston
Old 12-21-2010, 10:05 AM  

Houston, Texas
Here's a list: The Houston Flying Disc Society

Don't play Mazola unless you plan on losing all of your discs! It's right on the
bayou.

My favorite are the two courses at Tom Bass regional park - they've held World tournaments on the outside course, I believe. The two courses are off of 288S. Jack Brooks has nice courses too.

There's also The Woodlands and Kingwood, but the Woodlands gets crowded. Kingwood is actually a private course, so be careful if you try to play it.

UH Macgregor is alright if you're trying to get in a quick game - we take our dogs there because we live in the area. :-)

Agnes Moffitt is home to many league players - I don't personally like it because groups stack up on the weekends.

Um...there's a new course
Old 12-23-2010, 03:12 AM  

Hunstville, TX
Theres a bunch in The Woodlands. I can think of three off the top of my head and I don't regularly go to parks.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:47 PM  

Thanks to everyone!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!