Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-20-2011, 07:25 AM  

Houston, Texas
Kitec Plumbing problem Houston/Rockport

Kitec Plumbing problem!

I have a house plumbed with Kitec piping, this is a stilt house on the coast in Rockport, Texas, built in 2006. I have not had a problem with it until the recent freeze which produced a leak, which luckily was easy to find, it appears it was in a repair to a piece of piping, probably done by a carpenter who damaged the pipe after it was installed and used the wrong fittings to reconnect the pipe (hose clamps and the wrong diameter brass fitting). Bottom line I have been unable to locate fittings for this pipe in the Houston area (or Corpus, Rockport area). I am aware that this pipe is no longer used in construction, class action law suits and that sort of thing.
If anyone has any ideas about these fittings/pipe please let me know as I am not into replumbing this house.
Thanks in advance

Old 02-24-2011, 10:25 PM  
H2O Doctor...

League City, Texas
This may be your best option...

Kitec Fittings :: Pinnacle Supply LLC :: Your source for Time Saver Pipe?, PEX tubing and other components for the Hydronic heating and cooling industry.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:06 PM  

Houston, Texas
Thanks for the reply, I have contacted Pinnacle and I believe they will have the fitting I need. Its kind of strange as much of that pipe that was used you would think there would be more supliers. thanks again.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:32 AM  
H2O Doctor...

League City, Texas
No problem, good luck!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.