Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-09-2011, 09:46 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Here in Central Texas it's $9k an acre Hill Country and roughly $7-$8k for raw farm land.

I thought prices would go down during this Recession but nothing.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:00 PM  

The prices on land are not going to go down because people know the economy will come back in a couple of years and so will the price. People are also hedging their bets that the "urban sprawl" of Houston will get out their way and make their land worth allot more.

Which brings something to seriously consider, what MIGHT move in next to you. I have several family members who lived outside Houston on 10+ aces with no problems from the busy bodies and no regulations. But the "urban sprawl" moving out around them and started trying to impose "city life" type rules on them. Even though the legally couldn't the developers and wealthy home owns started assaulting them with several lawsuits that cost the ten of thousands of dollars to defend eating up their retirement very quick.

Anywhere with in a 100 miles of Houston is going to be dealing with that type of warfare in the not too distant future.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:34 PM  

Houston, Texas
Aw, crap. That's just what I need - a nice private place to call my lawyer from. Maybe the unibomber's old lot is still for sale...

Even the area I'm in (clear lake/webster) is getting busy. I don't like going to Walmart after 8am - it's a madhouse! I've been living here for over 40 years and it's just gotten crazy the last few...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads