Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-01-2011, 11:11 PM  

Seriously, Lankfords. Lankfords is something special. They can be a little inconsistent, but I'v eaten a whole lotta of burgers in Houston. Firehouse at Lankfords shames all others.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:09 AM  

Montgomery, AL
I'm flying in Saturday... Can't decide between Lankfords and Cafe Pita . Anyone tried this place?

Old 05-19-2011, 11:42 AM  

Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by InBamaNow View Post
I'm flying in Saturday... Can't decide between Lankfords and Cafe Pita . Anyone tried this place?
Good food but slow service. I've been about 5-6 times even before it was mentioned on DDD. I wouldn't go there for a burger though.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:53 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by InBamaNow View Post
I'd try to squeeze in a trip to Christian's Tailgate if possible.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:45 PM  

League City-Clear Lake, Texas
Rumor has it that Tookies in Seabrook is going to re-open. It's been closed since Ike. They had some truly awesome burgers.
Looking for Best Burger in Houston-lol_obama_small.jpg 

Old 08-22-2011, 06:03 AM  

Houston, Texas
I went to Rockwell's Tavern yesterday, Sunday to check it out. I was underwhelmed. It is more like a bar and grill than a tavern. The bar is very small. The beer selection is predominately in bottles and is hit or miss. They only have about 12 or so on tap. The ambiance reminds me of the tables you see in some of the gas station and convenience/Subway stores. More cafeteria than pub or tavern. The definitely did not spend much money on the buildout of this place. The burgers were good, but what will prevent me from ever going back and not recommending it to anyone is the service...it SUCKS!

My wife and I arrived and there were probably only 4 other tables occupied if that, and only three people at the bar. There appeared to be 4 employees working. One sat us in a booth, took our beer order and left. Tic-tock...tic-tock. 20 minutes later, I needed another beer and we still had not seen the return of our waitress to place an order. I went to the bar to get another beer. Not a bar tender in sight. Since the whole staff were women, I began to wonder if they weren't engaged in some X rated fun in the kitchen. My wife corraled a waitress and sent her to the bar...she must have seen the back of my neck coloring from the table...the gal said she would bring our beers and take our food order.

She was true to her word. We placed our order and 10 minutes later my Bubba burger and my wife's mushroom burger arrived in time for me to order another beer.

After bringing our check...Abracadabra...our second waitress dissapeared. So I took our empties and our check to the bar and we left.

Being a former bar owner and having waited tables in college something was painfully obvious. There was no one in charge and the place was hopelessly disorganized.
As we left, our original waitress reappeared from the kitchen. I surmised one of several things...1) she went on a extended break just after bringing us our first beer, 2) she was actually the cook, or 3) she was on the bottom of the lesbian dog pile in the kitchen.

There appeared to be no discernable organization of the staff. The waitresses didn't have assigned zones or tables and everyone just did their own thing. One table who arrived after us recieved their food before we had even placed our order!

I will not be returning to Rockwells and cannot recommend it to anyone.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:44 PM  

Houston, TX
You gotta try a Colombian Cheese Burger at Los Perros Hot Dog stand in front of Strikers on Richmond between Gessner and Fondren. Gotta bring ur own beer. Don't let the scene intimidate you, good people wanting good food! It's not traditional but delicious!
Old 09-03-2011, 12:54 PM  

Guys Meat Market on Old Spanish
Trail was on the news the other day as
best burgers. Check that place out.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:56 PM  

Houston, Texas
Bernies Burger Bus is a food truck that hits various locations around Montrose/ Upper Kirby/ Rice Village. Excellent burgers! Bernie's Burger Bus
Old 09-07-2011, 12:10 PM  

Sugar Land, TX
Bernie's is great. Definitely a top 5. Worth a trip to find them either at Innversion Cafe or Sugar Babies..

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.