Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2010, 12:31 PM  

Houston, TX
Nice places to eat in Kemah area, not Boardwalk?

Looking for a nice place to eat in the Kemah, Seabrook, League City area that is not the boardwalk. I'm planning a trip down there for my wife and I's 6th anniversary. My parents have a boat slipped at the boardwalk, so we eat there all the time, looking for something different, on the water if possible. Any kind of food except spicy.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:19 AM  

League City-Clear Lake, Texas
Cross over the Kemah Bridge to the Seabrook side. Drive past the seafood markets. Before you get to the water there's a great seafood restaurant. Don't remember if it's Pappa's or Pappadeau (didn't spell that right), but it's in that family of eateries. Awesome food.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:45 AM  

Houston, TX
Pappaduex shut down after hurricane Ike!
Old 10-28-2010, 02:24 PM  

League City, TX
I believe Pappadeux collapsed after Ike, but there are many places you can eat at still. In Kemah you have T-Bone Tom's for TX cuisine, Kemah Cafe for Vietnamese, Ichibon for sushi and hibachi, and The Swamp Shack for Cajun. In Seabrook we like Mario's Flying Pizza. Wild West is a new BBQ joint on 146 that's pretty decent. If you like great beer and pizza, try Boondoggles in El Lago. Boon's is my family's place of choice. If you like wine, Chelsea Wine Bar is right next to Boons. There's a lot of decent eateries in the Houston Clear Lake area. Enjoy!
Old 10-28-2010, 02:48 PM  

League City, TX
I forgot these two places: Bailey's and Signature Bistro. I heard Baileys was going out of business so I don't know if it's still open, but both would be great anniversary locations depending on how much you were wanting to spend. Google them to check out prices.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:42 AM  

League City-Clear Lake, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrooze View Post
I believe Pappadeux collapsed after Ike, but there are many places you can eat at still. In Kemah you have T-Bone Tom's for TX cuisine, Kemah Cafe for Vietnamese, Ichibon for sushi and hibachi, and The Swamp Shack for Cajun. In Seabrook we like Mario's Flying Pizza. Wild West is a new BBQ joint on 146 that's pretty decent. If you like great beer and pizza, try Boondoggles in El Lago. Boon's is my family's place of choice. If you like wine, Chelsea Wine Bar is right next to Boons. There's a lot of decent eateries in the Houston Clear Lake area. Enjoy!
Ditto on Boondoggles. That's one the stops on my running club's annual pub crawl. Awesome pizza and huge selection of imported beer.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:30 AM  

Houston, Texas
Boondoggles is good, I had my wedding rehearsal dinner there. It is kind of pub food but the beer selection is good. There are a couple of nice Italian places along the main drag. There is a nice little greek place off the Boardwalk on 6th street, called Bakkhus Taverna.

There was another Marina bay drive on the south side of Clear Lake, and a nice restaurant at the Watergate Marina if it has reopened since Ike.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:48 PM  

Here is a great restaurant...

Valdos Seafood House - seafood, Mexican, restaurant. El Lago, Texas.

Valdo's has Mexican, Seafood, and a whole lot more. Be prepared to take a LOT of it home, as the portions are big! I don't like fried pickles....anywhere! But the fried pickles at Valdo's are pretty dang good. Everything is great, I try a different meal every time.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:14 AM  
BBQ Master

Houston, Texas
I have only entered Kemah from the bay. I've never come in by car. I can tell you that there is a little channel that we come up in while boating. While coming up that little channel the board walk is to the left, but to the right is this very very nice little restaurant. I dont know the name. I do know that the atmosphere is really nice. There are native parrots hanging out in the trees. Little green ones.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:27 AM  

League City, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
Here is a great restaurant...

Valdos Seafood House - seafood, Mexican, restaurant. El Lago, Texas.

Valdo's has Mexican, Seafood, and a whole lot more. Be prepared to take a LOT of it home, as the portions are big! I don't like fried pickles....anywhere! But the fried pickles at Valdo's are pretty dang good. Everything is great, I try a different meal every time.
Personally I'm not a fan of Valdos. Food, service, and cleanliness were all mediocre. Go next door to Boons or Chelseas.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!