Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-18-2010, 05:28 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrooze View Post
Personally I'm not a fan of Valdos. Food, service, and cleanliness were all mediocre. Go next door to Boons or Chelseas.
My son in law told me about boondogels next door, we can't get over Valdo's fantastic food so we don't go any farther, Since you mentioned it also, I guess we need to make a trip.

I try my wifes drinks at Valdo's, just a sip because I am driving, they are definitely strong

Old 11-21-2010, 07:13 AM  

Houston, texas
The restaurant under Kemah bridge is Outriggers and its great. Right on the water with great food and a cool vibe.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:59 PM  

League City-Clear Lake, Texas
Outriggers lets my running club host a 5K there every summer. Here's some pics from last summer's Outrigger's 5K. You can see how laid back and open to the water it is. Great folks.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:56 PM  

Houston, Tx
There's a British Pub that servers a pretty darn good menu down that way. It's about 3 miles past the boardwalk on 146 on the left side of the road if you're going south. It's called the Bayview Duck. Awesome place. I highly recommend their Beefeater roast beef burger and their "Scotch Eggs" (deep fried boiled egg wrapped in sausage).

They have NO domestic beers on tap. It's all imported stuff. A guy named alec runs the place and is always tending bar. Look over his mixology drink menu. It's awesome. Recommend the Snakebite and the Bishops Collar.

They're also kid friendly. Live music on Friday and Saturday nights. Smoking allowed, cigars have to go out back though.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:33 PM  

Houston, Texas
I like to eat at t bone toms. But I'm going to have to check out the duck place.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:48 AM  

League City-Clear Lake, Texas
I ate a T-Bone for lunch a couple of weeks ago. The chow was good but it kind of burned my butt that they automatically added an 18% tip to my bill!

Most places only do that if you have like 10 people. I was all by myself. Won't be going back there any time soon!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:21 PM  

pearland, tx
the swamp shack and sams boat are really good places

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads