Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2010, 05:44 PM  

i go to hotwells off 290 or D gun range off of 59

Old 12-28-2010, 01:48 PM  

Houston, Tx
I go to Al's All American Concealed. It's outdoor, cheap and folks running it are very nice. They have a cool gift shop too for the wife to look around in when she gets tired of shooting. I didn't take my concealed class there, but i hear their classes are good. Kids shoot free.

Al's All American Concealed
1901 FM 1266
Dickinson, TX 77539
(409) 945-3043

Old 12-28-2010, 08:39 PM  

Houston, Texas
Great info. Thanks for all the posts!
Old 12-28-2010, 09:02 PM  

Pinehurst, TX
My wife has recently expressed interest in getting her Concealed Carry. Where is the best place o n the north side (Tomball Area) to take basy nadgun and then concealed carry classes?

Thanks.

-Scott
Old 12-29-2010, 10:23 AM  

Houston, Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uisge View Post
My wife has recently expressed interest in getting her Concealed Carry. Where is the best place o n the north side (Tomball Area) to take basy nadgun and then concealed carry classes?

Thanks.

-Scott
she came to this decision all on her own? If so that's AWESOME. Took me a while of working on my wife before she was convinced.

I would call the folks over at Double Action CHL
DoubleActionCHL.com - Texas Concealed Handgun Licensing (CHL) Classes

They used to offer classes for women-only so they wouldn't feel intimidated or something. Not sure if they still do but the guy who runs their training business is on the Texasshooting.com chl forum i'm on a lot. He knows his stuff.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:59 PM  
Citizen

Cypress, Texas
Avoid Hot Wells! The facility is in poor condition, the staff are lame and it is dangerous.

Hot Wells is close to my office, so one day I thought I would try it over my lunch break. I had just finished a magazine and was reloading when a kid showed up to the pistol range with a scoped revolver (never got close enough to make out the brand/model). Seriously, the scope overhung the barrel by three inches!

With the 'staff' watching him, this moron fired three rounds - one into the air, one into a tree just off the range and one into the ground about 3 feet off of the bench.

The other shooters all stopped and looked to the 'staff' to take charge and get this kid off the range. Instead, the 'staff' shrugged his shoulders and went into the office.

Needless to say, the shooters made a hasty exit and left this kid on his own.

If you want a quality, well-managed range, try American Shooting Center on Westheimer. It's a great facility with a staff that understands weapon safety and discipline.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:41 PM  

Hunstville, TX
I usually go to the Gun Emporium [11400 Farm-To-Market Road 2854] because its closest to me. The prices are average and they always have a range person standing right there watching and keeping it safe. The shop has a good selection of guns. They biggest problem is that there is no shade unless your right in the seat shooting. Expect to huddle under 1 tree during shooting brakes.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:57 PM  

houston, tx
American Shooting Center in George Bush Park is easy, and cheap! They have a huge variety of ranges, including one of the best sporting clays areas in Texas IMHO

Alex
Old 01-14-2011, 11:06 PM  

Hunstville, TX
Oh yeah Ive also gone to the Thunder Gun Range [17234 FM 1314 Rd]. The shooting area is elevated and the seats are adjustable for height which I like. They have music playing and the range person talks over the intercom too. They shop doesnt have anything worth while. The prices are alittle higher than average, they make all the money off the targets because they wont let you cover holes with the shoot-n-see stickers.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:44 PM  

Houston, Texas
I highly recommend The Arm's room in League City on 646 and I45. December was $5 an hour with as many guns as you want and the store has everything at reasonable prices. The indoor range is top-notch.

Baytown, Winnie, Transfer Of Firearms, Indoor Gun Range, - Spring Valley, Seabrook, Dickinson, Deer Park, - The Arms Room in League City, Texas

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!