Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-10-2011, 05:04 PM  

Spent Grain Bread!

I found yet another way to use spent grain leftover from the brewing process, as opposed to; trashing it, using it to make a light beer, or composting it!

I took a bread recipe and added a little more than 1 cup of spent grain to it and it turned out fabulously! I only did this recently, and it's only the second time I've ever made bread but everyone who had some absolutely loved it and actually suggested I start selling loaves. Ah, and I also added a copious amount of sesame seeds, as I have learned they help protect the liver and help it function better specifically helping against damage from alcohol and medications! All you fellow brewers should go buy a jar of sesame seeds and sprinkle them on EVERYTHING! Tasty and nutritious!

If anyone is interested in the recipe and technique, I will be glad to post it and in the meantime here are some pics!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads