Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-11-2010, 01:51 PM  
BBQ Master

Houston, Texas
What do we have here?

Ok, my buddy over at a wine making forum pm'd me with the link to this forum. I like forums. I see its a forum of cities and states. Cool, cool (← insert Cartman voice). Sooooooo, what are we doing? We gonna make anything? Or, is this the type of forum where we get to know some locals who may or may not share the same interest? That is cool too. Just trying to get a handle on it.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:00 PM  

I just bought a kit for Grand Cru's, White Zinfendel, 99 bucks. I need to brew some beer, and get a pipeline going, then I will tie up a carboy for 5 weeks on it.

Wine and Beer, my favorite things to make.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:11 AM  
BBQ Master

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
I just bought a kit for Crux White Zinfendel, 99 bucks. I need to brew some beer, and get a pipelind going, then I will tie up a carboy for 5 weeks on it.

Wine and Beer, my favorite things to make.
Oh, ok. I love to make wine. I only make the fruit wines though. Apple, muscadine, etc etc. I usually give most of it away. Gives me a chance to build custom boxes for the wine bottles to give away. I have not heard of "pipelind" though. ?Que es pipelind?
Old 11-18-2010, 05:36 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjdTexan View Post
Oh, ok. I love to make wine. I only make the fruit wines though. Apple, muscadine, etc etc. I usually give most of it away. Gives me a chance to build custom boxes for the wine bottles to give away. I have not heard of "pipeline" though. ?Que es pipeline?
I brew beer mostly, A pipeline (I misspelled it in earlier post, since corrected) is just the stock that you have built up. Right now I am out of beer, I built a brewing tree to make brewing easier, ran out in the process. My goal now is to get a brew day going to get the first batch on the way.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:35 AM  

Houston, TX
i'm a homebrewer here as well. gonna do a black ipa this weekend. and i'm looking for a chest freezer, if anybody knows of one for sale! haven't found a decent deal on craigslist quite yet.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:45 AM  

Houston, TX
It's usually pretty easy to find a good deal on CL w/in a week or so. I picked up a perfectly functioning upright side-by-side a couple weeks ago for $50. This weekend we're taking a sawzall to the dividing wall (leaving the very front portion to maintain door seals) and creating a fermentation chamber. Should be a fun project.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:39 AM  

Houston, TX
i created a chamber with a kitchen cabinet (we redid ours, so i put the old ones in garage, and one for this), and a mini fridge. cut a hole in side of the cabinet, and put fridge face up to it. worked great for a year, now I want to use a chest freezer for my kegs, and whenever i need to ferment, I'll just turn it up to 60 or so for a week.

I've been looking for over a month, almost every day. the one or two deals that have come by are just so dang far. i live in tomball, so i'm not gonna drive to clear lake to save $40, i'll just spend it in gas hah.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:06 AM  
BBQ Master

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummermattie02 View Post
It's usually pretty easy to find a good deal on CL w/in a week or so. I picked up a perfectly functioning upright side-by-side a couple weeks ago for $50. This weekend we're taking a sawzall to the dividing wall (leaving the very front portion to maintain door seals) and creating a fermentation chamber. Should be a fun project.
That should come with pictures friend. I love me some project pictures. Seeing as I am asking for them let me post a couple of pictures myself. I like to build these benches. I have some for sale right now in the Westheimer district in some resale shops.

I have one in the shop right now that I am going to build secret compartments and a drawer into it. Patio Benches. My Mother is reponsible for the artwork We sell fresh large brown eggs. Those chickens were inspiration. When I finish the current bench I will show yall before I wholesale it to a shop.

By the way, nice to meet yall. Maybe we can make this forum happen
What do we have here?-rustic-bench-2-006.jpg 

What do we have here?-rustic-bench-2-004.jpg 

What do we have here?-rustic-bench-2-010.jpg 

What do we have here?-box-003.jpg 

What do we have here?-box-004.jpg 

What do we have here?-4-foot-15-inch-bench-001.jpg 

What do we have here?-4-foot-15-inch-bench-002.jpg 

What do we have here?-copy-4-foot-15-inch-bench-006.jpg 

What do we have here?-4-foot-15-inch-bench-004.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads