Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Huntsville / Decatur / Madison
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2010, 06:07 PM  
Jeep Addict

Huntsville, AL
Whitt's is generally pretty good as well. Little Paul's is also another good place. They have really good Brunswick stew.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:01 PM  

Huntsville, Alabama
Gibson's is great. Dreamland seems to be a bit overrated from everyone I've talked to that has actually gone. There's also a place over in Madison that serves some real Texas style BBQ briskett smoked on mesquite and all, but I'm drawing a blank on the name. I definitely plan to try it soon as I grew up in Houston and miss being able to get that style of BBQ w/o having to spend a whole day smoking it myself.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:03 AM  

Big Bob Gibson's is the best choice! Amazing Sweet Tea to boot
Old 12-29-2010, 04:41 PM  

Im from montgomery but can highly recommend big bob gibsons been ther many times and the food is good gotta try the chicken and chocolate pie.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:06 PM  

Hoover, Alabama
Lawlers has the BEST sauce by far!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:30 PM  

alabama
Ole Hickory bbq and Granville's are the best in Huntsville area!
Old 01-25-2011, 12:13 PM  

huntsville
I have always had good luck with any of the guys that grill outside the gas stations.

I also like Lawler's.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:58 AM  

Been to Dreamland once and it seemed a little overpriced but good. Gonna have to try Lawlers
Old 03-02-2011, 05:22 PM  

Melvins

For BBQ I really 'gotta' recommend Melvin's. I've tried the pork, chicken, and ribs, and all were STELLAR. A bit pricey by the pound, but the plates and sandwiches are great value.

There is a perfect balance of sweet, spice, and smoke in his meats, and I get a hint of something that keeps me guessing. Pecan wood maybe.

Anyway, Melvin's is a real genuine hole in the wall with straight shooting blues most weekend nights, and the mojo BBQ to get your groove to.

JKR

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Huntsville / Decatur / Madison
Bookmark this Page!