Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2010, 01:02 AM  

Elk City, Idaho
Is Boise part of Idaho or merely a money pit?

It could be argued Boise is not representative of the real Idaho. It is merely a repository for immigrants from other more liberal parts of the country that suck money from the rest of the state.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:07 PM  

astoria, oregon
I lived in Mountain Home when I was in the Air Force and I loved Boise. The immigrant problem is more in the outskirts like Nampa and Caldwell. I am actually thinking about moving back to Idaho in the next 5 or six years.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:16 PM  

Boise, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawtoothbiker View Post
It could be argued Boise is not representative of the real Idaho. It is merely a repository for immigrants from other more liberal parts of the country that suck money from the rest of the state.
Boise is a nice city to live in, although it is expensive, relative to the other towns in Idaho. Many former Californians (LA in particular) have moved here, so yes it is somewhat of a money pit. But the quality of live is much higher than any other town this size in the USA.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:20 PM  

Boise, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
I lived in Mountain Home when I was in the Air Force and I loved Boise. The immigrant problem is more in the outskirts like Nampa and Caldwell. I am actually thinking about moving back to Idaho in the next 5 or six years.
Idaho is, of course, much more conservative than Oregon. I would argue that this is what makes it a great state to live in.

Yes, there are Mexican immigrants, and yes, they do tend to reside more in the Nampa/Caldwell area (Canyon County). But Boise does have a growing Hispanic gang problem.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:28 AM  
Traveler

Idaho is indeed a great place to live, but believe me, the conservatives actually ruin the place in my opinion.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:52 AM  

Elk City, Idaho
Things that make yoiu go hmmmmm

Great palce to live and alot of conservatives wonder if theres a connection? HMMMMMM.......
Old 11-15-2010, 10:18 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Idaho is indeed a great place to live, but believe me, the conservatives actually ruin the place in my opinion.
By this, I mean that it seems that other less conservative states like California, Oregon and Washington, are much more commited to protecting the environment. Idaho is a wonderful place to me, but it pains me to go out into the mountains and find beer cans and other garbage all over the ground, and shell casings scattered around. A person goes out to the mountains and woods, to get away from any hints of people, and here are all the signs of them out in the woods. I was riding up in the mountains with a friend, who happens to be an ultra conservative buddy of mine and he rolls his window down and tosses his Steel Reserve beer can out the window. I really laid into him and made him stop his truck so I could pick it up. Why can't these people go to a landfill for their recreational activities, and leave the forrest to actual nature lovers?
Old 11-15-2010, 09:19 PM  

Boise, ID
It gets to me when I see someone litter as well. I used to pick up cans when I was a kid to get some extra money, and a lot of those were from mountain roads.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:47 AM  

Nampa, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
By this, I mean that it seems that other less conservative states like California, Oregon and Washington, are much more commited to protecting the environment. Idaho is a wonderful place to me, but it pains me to go out into the mountains and find beer cans and other garbage all over the ground, and shell casings scattered around. A person goes out to the mountains and woods, to get away from any hints of people, and here are all the signs of them out in the woods. I was riding up in the mountains with a friend, who happens to be an ultra conservative buddy of mine and he rolls his window down and tosses his Steel Reserve beer can out the window. I really laid into him and made him stop his truck so I could pick it up. Why can't these people go to a landfill for their recreational activities, and leave the forrest to actual nature lovers?
Maybe that's where the problem starts.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:18 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHDNSD View Post
Maybe that's where the problem starts.
I have an idea what you're talking about, but just wanted to make sure I was reading you correctly...............as surely you aren't saying what I think you're saying.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.