Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-24-2010, 09:27 AM  
polarisgold

Post Falls, ID
Jeep Trails?

I live in Post Falls and was wondering if anyone knew of any "4 wheel drive required" roads were.? That sentence sounds strange but I hope you get the message.

I am handicapped and cannot walk or ride a dirtbike. I might be able to ride an atv but I can't afford one.

I do have a four wheel drive Trooper and want to use it. I want to use it on roads that cars can't use........

Old 11-27-2010, 09:26 AM  

Your best bet is to hook up with a local 4x4 club. Not only do you get the commeraderie of fellow off-roaders, but you also get to learn the location of all the good trails. On top of this, it's always a best practice to 4-wheel with friends so that, if someone breaks down or gets stuck, there is someone to help.

I don't know of any clubs in Northern Idaho or Eastern Washington, but I'm sure there is something up there. I have both a Trooper and a Jeep, and I love both of them.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:35 PM  
Traveler

I could show you some good off roading trails, but you gotta promise not to shoot the wolves! If you want to hit some hardcore mud and crud, turn left or right, along the rail road right of way off of Davis road up in Sagle just after spring thaw. You'll get your fill of off roading!
Old 11-28-2010, 10:19 AM  
Traveler

PG, have you cruised up to the top of Canfield or up to the High drive yet?
Old 11-29-2010, 09:00 AM  
polarisgold

Post Falls, ID
Canfield, High Drive?

Directions would be nice.......I have never heard of these two places.

Thanks for your help....
Old 12-01-2010, 11:29 PM  
Traveler

If you take Sherman avenue out of town at the East end, it goes by Fernan lake and continues out to the Canfield shooting range, and you can turn right at the range or continue up the mountain to the top. The high drive is out by Silverwood, off to the right, by a place called the "Lil brown jug" probably now gone or name changed, I'm sure. A bit of a drive but you can travel for days up there and never see it all. There are other places around you, probably even closer to you, but these are the places that stick out in my head that were enjoyable to me back in the 1980s. Get on Google earth and check out these two locations though. It's worth a look that way at least, from your computer chair! Now I only off road to go and hunt for firewood just down the road a patch here in lovely Vay! If you go, be sure to take some binnocs, a map, and a camera, so you can share the journey with us!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:27 PM  
Jeeper

Eagle River, Alaska
i'm hopefully getting stationed at mt. home this fall, how are the trails/how far of a drive are they in that area?
Old 01-04-2011, 08:25 AM  

Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
I'm here in Mt. Home AFB. There are some good 4x4 clubs, many in Boise but there is one local club. They normally do one trip a month possibly more. Here is the link:
Wild West Off Roaders "Idaho's Largest 4wd Club"
Old 01-06-2011, 12:41 PM  

Twin Falls, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by remery829 View Post
i'm hopefully getting stationed at mt. home this fall, how are the trails/how far of a drive are they in that area?
well you can drive about 30min to the east, to GOODING, ID there you have Bennett hills, i got there every spring, because the trail is different every year (due to snow melting) its not bad, its usually me, my dad and his brother, they are in stock cherokees, and im in a lifted cherokee. But they scrape a lot.... lol

but still an awesome trail, there is lots of pictoglyphs from the indians. on the rock ledges. plus theres the 'little' city of rocks.... but it takes us all day to do the trail....
Old 01-12-2011, 02:48 PM  

Boise, Idaho
There is lots of great trails here in the southern part of the state. A good buddy of mine just moved up to CDA but hasn't had a chance to integrate with the scene yet.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads