Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-07-2010, 08:05 PM  
misplaced Idahoan

Glendora, Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by scabz View Post
a bit of advice....in idaho we don't care how you "did it" in california.
That's a big part of why we are moving to Idaho. We were welcomed by the community and have no intention of trying to change it.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:10 PM  
misplaced Idahoan

Glendora, Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by scabz View Post
a bit of advice....in idaho we don't care how you "did it" in california.
We were welcomed by the community and have no intention of trying to change anything.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:22 PM  

Boise, ID
Any season you visit there is always some outdoor activity going on.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:53 PM  

Caldwell, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by schitzangiggles View Post
Well we did host UA2006 here, have the largest dunes in all of North America (St. Anthony), Have great mountain trails, killer skiing, hot springs, world class fishing and hunting, it is an outdoor paradise. If you are looking for some big town stuff Boise will be your only hope of that, but if you want some small town middle America where we still make stuff and grow things, then you will enjoy Idaho. We do things differently here, so expect a laid back attitude until you try to change what we do (a lot of UT and CA transplants have found out the hard way) or how we do it.
This is about the best anyone has put it. I would definitely plan a trip, as stated, the hot springs and other such places are quite spectacular.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:00 PM  

Pocatello, Idaho
Oh you have to come to Idaho! There is so much to see and do! We have the largest number of tourists than any other state in the entire 50! Come see moose, elk, actual real untouched desert. The place is beautiful. we have one of the biggest rivers in the US and certainly the most beautiful by a longshot. There are over 2,000 volcanoes in the Snake River plain alone. more than anywhere else on earth!! Idaho rocks! Especially if you like to fish, hike, ski, mountain bike, or be isolated.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:51 AM  

Boise, ID
It depends on what you want to see, but I really love driving along the Clearwater river. It'll blow your mind!
Old 11-24-2010, 06:43 PM  

boise, idaho
are you kidding me? Skiing, Kayak/whitewater, mountain biking, camping, redfish lake, Mccall, Sun Valley, cdl, etc etc etc.

Boise is a nice town to visit as well. albeit small...
Old 11-30-2010, 09:26 PM  

St.Helens, Oregon
I spent some time in Riggins rafting this summer. What a great place to visit. The people are alot of fun. Some of the best whitewater in the world early in the year. Great for families a little later in the season. We were able to see alot of wildlife and even some gold dredgers on our trip. I will be back.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:44 PM  

Bay Area, California
by far sawtooth mountains, silve city, bruneau sand dunes are fantastic places. sadly i have not traveled that far north but its fantastic where ever i have been. and thats coming from someone who lives in cali. Idaho is a great place for outdoors and i recommend it to everyone that talks it down, or atleast see it for themselves
Old 12-20-2010, 08:25 PM  

Marysville, WA
Good reasons to come to Idaho

I live in the neighboring state of WA. If you like skiing, this is a great state for that. Afterall they have Sun Valley which as you may or may not know was if not the first one of the first ski resorts to have a chair lift. Also Sonia Henie the famous skater turned movie star filmed there and if you know where to go you can run into famous people all over the place. If you head up North you can then take your pick of turning left (W) to to to Washington or right (E) back into Montana on I90

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads