Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2011, 11:01 AM  
Traveler

Tree lights!

I love this time of year when all the fir trees look as though they have glowing green lights on the ends of each branch! So lovely! These shots were taken today at my place in a stepped up rain. Enjoy!
Tree lights!-100_1089.jpg 

Tree lights!-100_1093.jpg 

Old 06-21-2011, 03:27 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
I know exactly what you're saying but it can be hard to see without an adjustment.....
My baby trees were in that stage the last two weeks but it's clearly over now. Today is looking for a high of 85, something last seen last September.
Tree lights!-100_1094j.jpg 

Tree lights!-p1136.jpg 

Tree lights!-p1137.jpg 

Tree lights!-p1134.jpg 

Tree lights!-p224.jpg 

Tree lights!-p1564.jpg 

Old 06-22-2011, 11:36 AM  
Traveler

Obviously you love plants and trees. That's awesome!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:47 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
I love them but a few are root bound and the next size up in pots is pretty pricey will make the trees difficult to move any distance.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:49 PM  
Traveler

Better set em free and get some new youngsters!
Old 06-23-2011, 03:55 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Obviously you love plants and trees. That's awesome!
X2!

I love evergreens and have been planting them for years. It is harder to get the Fir Trees to grow over here than when we lived on the wet side of Washington but I never give up. My place now had some evergreens when we moved in two years ago and I have added more. I have a few small Fir Trees growing and a lot of small Pines. I hope to have a forest around my house someday.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:25 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
I have a few small Fir Trees growing and a lot of small Pines. I hope to have a forest around my house someday.
It used to be you bought land, built a house and planted trees. Your grandkids might someday live in that house and eat fruit from those trees. Now few can count on jobs keeping them in one area so we lose our plantings.

My small potted collection is only a bit portable but I like it. Are you collecting the rainwater you do get?
Old 06-24-2011, 01:43 AM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
It used to be you bought land, built a house and planted trees. Your grandkids might someday live in that house and eat fruit from those trees. Now few can count on jobs keeping them in one area so we lose our plantings.

My small potted collection is only a bit portable but I like it. Are you collecting the rainwater you do get?
Well hard times made us move on from the place we called home before with all the trees we grew. A new start for my family in a house we own and plan to die at. I have a lot of trees in pots for starts and will plan this fall. There normally is not enough rain here to water anything. I pump water out of the ground to water all my trees, bushes and some grass. Most of my 2 acres is dead weeds since I do not have water rights to water more than a 1/2 acre.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:08 AM  
Traveler

Ceg, you have any pictures of your woods? Got any apple trees there in Selah?:

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.