Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-29-2010, 11:39 PM  

Sacramento, California
Where to Live in Idaho?

My wife and I have been considering moving to Oregon, but it's becoming too much like California. So, we're thinking about Idaho as a possibility.

We want to live outside of town, but not too far out. We'd like to rent a property on at least a half an acre or more. Our budget precludes us from buying a house at this time.

Cost of living must be reasonable because we're older and on tight incomes.

We looked at Couer d' Alene, but I think rents may be a bit too high for us there and we'd prefer a bit less snow.

Can you give me any suggestions?

Old 09-30-2010, 07:45 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
boise/nampa area is very nice and very cheap!

Old 09-30-2010, 11:27 AM  

Sacramento, California
I've been looking at that area online. It sounds pretty good. I guess it's time for a road trip.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:29 PM  

Post Falls, Idaho
I live in the Coeur d'alene area (Post Falls), and I highly recomend it. Most areas of Coeur d'alene itself I wouldn't want to live in, but you might take a look into the towns in the area for something cheaper. Post Falls, Rathdrum, Hayden, all are good. And while the snow isn't everyones favorite thing, if you like wintersports like skiing or snowboarding, its a great place to live. Easy driving distance to at least 5 great ski resorts.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:33 PM  

Sacramento, California
Thanks for the input jeep & tai.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:26 AM  

Meridian, Idaho
I really enjoy MEridian. Nice community.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:34 AM  

Sacramento, California
Thanks Lucas. Isn't Meridian close to Boise?
Old 10-04-2010, 12:05 PM  

Meridian, ID
Yup Meridian is very close to Boise, about the only way to tell when you cross from one to the other is the occasional sign "Entering Meridian" or "Entering Boise". Most of the time you just know when you cross a particular street you are in one or the other. It is a great place to live.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:15 AM  

Boise, ID
I have lived in Idaho all of my life. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. You are about 30 minutes away from the lakes if you like to boat, 10 minutes away from the rivers if you like to fish and 45 minutes away from the most beautiful camping areas. Traffic is a minimum, if you have lived in California, you can bet it will NEVER be anything like their traffic. The mall is in the center of the city, so 15 minutes MAX from any direction. It is safe; crime is VERY low. And if you have kids they can even attend Boise State! All in all, I would rate Idaho the #1 place to live.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:16 AM  

Sacramento, California
Thank you Rebecca and everyone who responded.

I've been concerned about being in a large urban area. Unfortunately, my wife has some health issues, so we can't be too far out of town.

I'm going to get busy researching Idaho. It sounds like a great place.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.