Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2010, 02:33 PM  

Volo, IL
cliffs?

Where are the Cliffs? is there a website?

Old 10-15-2010, 02:49 PM  

Volo, IL
Has anyone went to a Jeep Jamboree? Are they worth the price? Favorites?

I'm new to the chain-o-lakes region northwest of Chicago and I'm looking for some place to go off-road on the weekends but I'd rather not spend the entire weekend driving to and from the off-road site.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:31 PM  

Carbondale, Illinois
two rivers out of pittsfield is the best that i know of, i've been several times and its always a good time
Old 10-15-2010, 04:37 PM  

Chicago, IL
Since lifting my YJ, I've been wanting to hit some off-road parks and/or trails, but it's not so great on the highway. So, I too am looking for something a little closer to the Berwyn/Chicago land area. I've always wanted to hit the Badlands, but might have to get a trailer to even get there.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:46 AM  

Water Valley, MS
I am interested in any offroad areas near Crystal Lakes area. I am from MS but, we come your way twice a year. My in-laws live there and I get bored with nothing to do. We are in the area around the 4th of July and Christmas time. Hit me up with some info. I run a lifted 79 CJ-7 on 33's at this time but, will be going to 37's when $ allows.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:27 PM  

calumet city/chicago, il
2hours from me hopefully i can go
Old 10-19-2010, 11:40 PM  

calumet city/chicago, il
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdunham1985 View Post
Where are the Cliffs? is there a website?
Cliffs Insane Terrain

only a hour and half
Old 10-20-2010, 11:06 AM  

lake Zurich, Illinois
Badlands, this is the best place in the area i have been too
Old 10-26-2010, 05:36 PM  

Loves Park, IL
Anyplace you guys know of in northern illinois or southern wisconsin?
Old 10-27-2010, 07:36 PM  

Wheaton, Illinois
[QUOTE=rdunham1985;25942]Has anyone went to a Jeep Jamboree? Are they worth the price? Favorites? . . . /QUOTE]
I've been to a few in the midwest--French Lick in southern Indiana, Drummond Island on the very eastern tip of the U.P. in Michigan, and Gateway to the Cumberlands in Kentucky/Tennesee. Though each one is very different, my wife and I enjoyed them all. The wheeling and the people you meet are always great.

They may seem pricey, but there's always a reasonable level of organization, the guides/spotters for the trail rides know where they're going, if you have a problem, they make sure you get back to base, you get to wheel places you don't usually have access to, and you get to see lots of other set-ups and wheel with different people than your usual crowd.

So, it's worth it for us--we think of it as an entertainment package. We do at least one a year and two if we can fit 'em into the schedule. But if you're looking for the least expensive way to go, the Badlands (#1 in my book) and the Cliffs are very cost-effective and great places to play.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.