Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-11-2011, 07:54 AM  

Chicago, Illinois
Oh yeah, I forgot my offroad park. A vacant lot on Lake St in Addison. It looks like other guys use it too, cause the mud holes have gotten deeper.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:26 AM  

Danville, Illinois
If you want something legal and close you could look into what my small 4x4 club does and lease a small area and have your own mini park. We are just outside of Danville and have about 40 acres. It's not much but it gets the job done on the cheap.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:38 PM  

The Cliffs is the closest in proximity to Chicago, BUT I prefer the Badlands and that's farther and in IN.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:39 PM  

Normal
We might hit up the cliffs next. Went to the Badlands a couple weeks ago and had a blast. We had heard there was a place down by Jacksonville but didn't know the name, now I do!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:43 AM  
KcKoolGuy

Lake Villa, IL
there is a place right off of I94, called BONG trails
Old 01-19-2011, 01:48 PM  

Rockford, IL
Attica

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGCI View Post
I've been on the busiest day of the year, labor day weekend. It was a blast because there is always a group to link up with. Plus you get to watch all the other kind's of vehicles. I went one day when there was nobody else around. Boring!
This is the time to go.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:49 PM  

Rockford, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcKoolGuyCSS View Post
there is a place right off of I94, called BONG trails
Just a 10 mile trail.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:58 PM  

Rockford, Illinois
From what I've found, around northern IL there isn't a whole lot of offroading that's actually allowed, but that's half the fun right?
Old 01-23-2011, 05:49 AM  

Virginia, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarifish View Post
Legal lol most of us find construction zones with new developing homes. Your other option would be Signs that say "Private Property-No Trespassing" those are good places to start. None of which are leagal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myyeep4 View Post
From what I've found, around northern IL there isn't a whole lot of offroading that's actually allowed, but that's half the fun right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonZ View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot my offroad park. A vacant lot on Lake St in Addison. It looks like other guys use it too, cause the mud holes have gotten deeper.

it's these types of actions and attitudes that gives the tree-huggers ammunition against the offroad community...
it also reinforces the "beer guzzling redneck" image that the general public has...
Old 01-24-2011, 12:43 PM  

Dixon, IL
Attica is a great time.

I too wish there were more options in Northern IL... All that's available in my area are a couple unimproved farm roads (mud, rocks, etc - but they're deeded roads & legal).

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.