Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2010, 09:57 PM  

Elgin, Illinois
Best pizza that is not a local, large chain

I want to rule out the larger chains, even the large and local ones.

No Giordano's, Lou's, Rosati's, etc.

There must be less than 4 locations, total.

Where do you find great pizza that is more off the beaten path than the norm? Both deep dish and thin crust.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:01 AM  

Chicago, Illinois
Stuffed - Tortorices. They have one in Downers Grove and another up in the NW suburbs. The ingredients are so much fresher than anyone else that makes a stuffed pizza.

Thin - L&F pizza in Westmont. If it was food enough to be featured in Rookie of the Year, it god enough for me. The delivery guy is my neighbor and played an outfielder on the little league team in the movie.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Old 11-24-2010, 07:03 AM  

Chicago, Illinois
Oh piece I'd also goods if you like beer.

And that one brick oven place on the near nw side. I forget the name. Damn you memory!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2010, 01:05 PM  

Chicago, IL
Piece Brewery and Pizzeria in Chicago. Fantastic topping and crust...and the pizzas are huge and reasonably priced.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:46 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
I love Papas Pizza Place in Roselle. That was my first job when I was 15 and I hated the pizza then but as I got older I loved it. Even when I moved to Lincoln Square in Chicago I would still drive out almost monthly for the Mama's Special. Its a very thin crispy crust with bacon, sausage, onions and BBQ sauce. Best BBQ style pizza I ever had. That location separated from the other 2 or 3 in IL and they don?t list the Mamas Special on the menu for some reason but they will make it.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:19 PM  

Naperville, Illinois
If you are in central IL, I would have to say Papa Del's... excellent deep dish
(in Champaign)
Old 12-02-2010, 02:14 PM  

I would second Papa Del's Stuffed pizza in Chapagin, IL. I also like Harris Sausage Pizza in the Quad Cities.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:10 PM  

des plaines, IL
Pequods in the northside of Chicago, on Clybourn & Webster. They have a lot of unique pizza combinations mostly thin crust or hand tossed. really good. I love it and I'm more of a deep dish fan. they also have about a dozen great beers on tap at any given time, not run of the mill beers, good local craft beers. check it out if you're in the area.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:34 PM  

Ottawa, Illinois
bianchi's pizza in Ottawa is an incredible thin crust pie and I'll always love papa dels
Old 12-04-2010, 04:47 AM  

Champaign, IL
Papa Del's in Champaign (from a 40+ year resident of the C-U area). Their deep dish pizza will stand up against anyone's.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.